Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

After party in OKC!! Thanks Teach42!!

reelgem
reelgem Posts: 4,256
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Teach42 regarding the Waygu Prime ribs on sale at Costco.
I ordered 2 of these 15 lb. beauties. One I'm shipping to my house and one to OKC for the after party.

All I can say is there better be some hungry people at this after party.

I'm also in charge of the margaritas too so they'll be flowing pretty freely too.

Thanks to Dougineggmonton for the great idea!!

I sure hope this weather forecast changes, it's still saying scattered thunderstorms Fri. and Sat. :(

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Lora asked me if you were going to pace yourself this year...
    I told her "Packer Fans" don't know the meaning of "slow down" or "pace".
    So far the weather does not look good. But then the weather was bad for the after party last year and it was the best ever.

Lora got the OK from work for the time off work so watch out for the camera. She never leaves home with out it. Not sure I can keep her photos off the forum two years in a row...

After the Eggfest last year we had to go eat. I hope to eat more this year during the fest. Hope we can cook some this year after the fest.

Safe travels,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    That's going to raise the bar on the quality of after party food. Now if only Julie would show up with her lobster dip too. :side:-RP
  • reelgem
    LOL!!! I am going to pace myself this year. I'm hoping to make "Team Hardcore" along with you and Lora. :)
    I'm so glad to hear she got the all clear from work.
    As for the camera, I have a bouncer that will be at our room door for the "After the after party" and there's "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED". :laugh: :woohoo

Can't wait to see you!!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Oh,boy! Sounds like a drunk-a-thon to me. :woohoo: Last person standing wins :evil:
  • reelgem
    Steve, you can be standing, sitting or laying as long as your eyes are open and you can talk or mumble. :woohoo: :laugh: :)
  • Photo Egg
    You had a bouncer last year and he wrapped you in TP...
    It's hard to find good help. One cold beer and he jumped sides.
    Can't wait, started packing yesterday.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • reelgem
    Yeah, I remember Darian. That bouncer has since been fired and paybacks can be brutal.

Here's a picture of him. Don't ever hire him. :)
    066.jpg
  • reelgem
    I wish mainegg and Neil were going to be there. That lobster dip is sooooo good.
  • hornhonk
    Are we supposed to wear goofy hats? Contest? Or just bozos wearing lampshades?
  • Photo Egg
    That's the Gringo, keep an eye on him.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hornhonk
    I'll give him my mapp torch and claim immunity.
  • Wow, one little mishap and all the love it gone! It was all my brother's fault and he won't even be here this year so everyone should be safe.

I am trying to make amends...how is that roast getting to the after part and what are the margaritas being made in???? I am trying!

lol at hornhonker...now you're talking!

Darian, one cold beer? Really? lol

Bruce
  • reelgem
    You're really a good guy Bruce.... but a lousy bouncer. :)

I do appreciate all that you're doing to help me out for the OKC fest. Bringing the shirts and coffee mugs, the prime rib roast (you get the first piece) and the blender. (I'll make sure your glass is never empty). :)
    And you not only get "one" flaming takillya shot....you get "FIVE"!!!! :) :woohoo: :evil:
  • reelgem
    :woohoo: Last year we borrowed a sombrero from a liquor store. We kind of passed it around and everyone had thier picture taken drinking a shot of tequilla with it on. It was kind of like waiting in line to sit on Santa's lap, only with an adult twist to it.
    We really did have fun with that sombrero.

I think bringing crazy hats would be fun. Very approriate for this group. I'm sure there's some wild ones people would bring. :)

I noticed Big Daddy did a post with one he'll be bringing.

Here's some others with the sombrero.

Chris Hale...he's the man responsible for this great fest. He does a great job on it, and has numerous hours into it.

047-1-1.jpg

Egret...unfortunately he won't be at OKC this year. I'm going to miss him. :(
    038.jpg

Lady Egret...I think she was afraid to put the sombrero on, she knew what comes next. :)

049.jpg

This is Desert Oasis Woman's sidekick "Ku".

052.jpg

Desert Filly, who claims she doesn't remember having this picture taken.

054.jpg

I never did get this guys name but he was really a riot. Had everyone laughing.

051.jpg

Here's Lake Conroe egger, can't wait to see him again.

053.jpg

Desert Oasis Woman.....nothing more needs to be said. She one party animal!!!

055.jpg

Dale Williamson, Big Daddy's brother. He was the brave soul that drank the flaming shot of tequila. Flaming shots aren't a real good idea.

063.jpg

The infamous AZRP photo. :)

078.jpg

I didn't catch the name of this unidentified woman. :)

083.jpg

Hopefully we can get the sombrero again. It really was fun!!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Nothing new here, you make sure everyone's glass is full. :laugh:-RP
  • reelgem
    I try hard Randy!! That's why I "fell asleep" at the "after the after party". I worked so hard to keep everyone's glass full. :)

Little Kimmie isn't getting out of it this year. I'd like to see her in the "Team Hardcore" picture, along with you and a few of the other usual suspects. :)
  • Photo Egg
    Yea...or force feed with sippy straw. Not sure we should let you and Anne play together this year.
    Thank God you all had a big head start on us last year.
    Safe travel,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • hornhonk
    A liquor store that loans hats! That alone is hilarious. :laugh:
  • Photo Egg
    I'm not saying you only drank one beer, just took one beer for you to turn coat. That was so funny.
    See you in a few days,
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    It sure looks like fun, can't wait for OKC and the party's. I will be hungry I hope. My diet is out the window for the weekend.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • of 2009, we are all headed for Egghead Narvana :woohoo: :silly: :lol:
  • hornhonk
    Hooray! :laugh:
  • Teach42
    Teach42 Posts: 219
    LoL, very welcome. Just wish i could be there to partake! So raise a glass for me.... And take lots of pics!