Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paul Kirk Book is a Must

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just picked up the June Chili Pepper magazine, which is devoted to Q.
Have not looked at it, cuz I have been glued to this Paul Kirk's "Championship Barbecue Sauces" book that I grabbed while at the bookstore. It has recipes for rubs, marinades, sauces and even salsa. This book is LOADED with great ideas, and recipes. One that caught my eye is "Parsley Ginger Marinade" with oil, wine vinegar, ginger ale, fresh parsley, green onions, ginger root, garlic, salt & sugar. Lots of conventional AND unconventional stuff.[p]The paperback was like 12 bucks or something, at Border's. Money well spent IMHO.[p]Q on
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    BBQ_Sauce.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy, I totally agree about the book, one of my favorites. I know that you'll have lots of fun with it.[p]
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Nature Boy,[p]I concur with this 100%. I've had the book for a year or so (white paperback book with red letters on the front NB?) for about a year now and there is some great stuff in it. Also, FWIW in that we're talking about Q books, several years ago in Williams Sonoma I picked up a small Q sauce book, about 30 pages long and the book is only about 5x5, small hardbound book. It has a lot of history of Q, ie about southern Q vs. Norther Q, pork vs. beef, different cookers etc. It also has some great recipes in it, worth a look see if you can find it. Not sure if they even sell it anymore but I have the information if anyone is interested and cant find it.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    Gfw,[p]Thanks Gfw, I could see it in my mind but I wasn't sure if I was thinking of the right book. Thats it. Its a good one.[p]Troy
  • Nature Boy,[p]That book is great! Even ketchup recipes. Make one of the mustards, get yourself a giant soft pretzel for dipping and have a cold one to wash it down. Ahhh...[p]Shut-up stomach! People can hear the growling in the next aisle.[p]Regards,
    Jobu

• bdavidson
    bdavidson Posts: 411
    Nature Boy,
    Found it on Amazon.com for $11.95 (plus shipping), so it's still out there. I'll have to try to track it down locally.
    Thanks, NB.

[ul][li]Amazon link[/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    sprinter,[p]I found a bunch of Williams Sonoma books on Amazon. One or two were out of print, but there's a chance they have the one to which you refer. I'm definitely interested in the title and such so I can check it out.[p]Thanks,
    Cornfed

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Nature Boy, Glad that you found that book on your own; it made the big trip down to Waldorf with Denise and I, but never left my gym bag! I had you in mind in particular when I tossed it in, since at the time you were tinkering with a lot of spice combinations and marinades. Guess I wasn't wrong in figuring you would enjoy it!

• sprinter
    Cornfed,[p]I'll get it this evening and post the particulars.[p]Troy
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Nature Boy,
    FYI: The next issue of Chile Pepper is going to be devoted to grilling. JCA

• WallyQ
    WallyQ Posts: 10
    Nature Boy,[p]Totally agree, my pages are stained red from trying out the sauces. It's really neat cooking up sauces from different parts of the country. I like the Memphis type sauces as an alternative to the Carolina style that we use around here.[p]I found the "Jack Daniels BBQ Book" (hardcover) not long ago and highly recommend it. I believe their casserole and side dish recipes are the best I've tried so far. It also has awesome color pictures. It definitely has a place in my BBQ Book Hall of Fame.
  • AbqEgg'r
    AbqEgg'r Posts: 91
    Cornfed,
    Search Abe's for used and out of print books. http://www.abebooks.com/[p]TR[p]

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    AbqEgg'r,[p]Thanks for the tip![p]Cornfed
  • Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Nature Boy,[p]Try the Char-Sui recipe. Good stuff.