Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Trip to the Mothership, Ouch!

Options
Hungry in Lilburn
Hungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It has been said before but bares repeating, you can spend a lot of money when you go the mothership retail store. I was over at Tucker Gun Shop checking out a new S&W 629 .44 mag with 6 inch barrel, chrome plated (it would have come home with me except it had black grips, I want rosewood grips)and decided to drive the extra 2 blocks and pick up a large bottle of Bad Byron's Butt Rub. Well, of course while I was there I got to looking at the drip pans and turkey roaster and chicken roaster and WHAM! I dropped a $100. I almost doubled it because they are selling $18 a bag if you buy 4 or more and I almost loaded up. But I figured I could get some when I get back and fill up my attic.

You have to be careful when you take your grandchildren to the toy store and when you take yourself to the mothership retail store!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    You must really be worried that someone is going to try to steal your Big Green Egg with all that horsepower. Nice that you prefer to kill the SOB with Rosewood grips though.

Spring "Shot At And Hit Because I'm A Good Shot" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    LOL! They can take away my big green egg just as soon as they can pry my 629 out of my dead cold fingers!

Acutally, I just want to get rid of my Sig Sauer P220 because I am tired of cleaning it after every shoot. It takes longer to clean my automatics than it does to fire up my egg! I can clean my revolvers in about 30 seconds. It takes a good 5 minutes to clean the automatics. Of course the P250 is nice because you can carry it in full load or you can convert it to concealed carry compact. Makes it kind of nice.

Of course I have to clean my egg when I get back. I left it uncovered and now it is covered in yellow pine pollen. Got to wash that baby and clean, stain and seal the table. Nice sunny day project for when I get back home.
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    That's a sweet hogleg, HiL, though I'm more of a rubber grip guy when it comes to the large frame revolvers...just so much kick, I don't want a hard spot. Good investments in all your purchases, I think.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    I agree. I think the porcelan pans will be easier to clean. I was still surprised how small the pans were though, I expected them to be bigger. I am thinking I want to cover the entire surface of the grid when I am cooking. I guess I suffer from stinking thinking!
  • LoneStarEgg
    LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
    Options
    Could have bought the rosewood grips for the .44 Mag for that. :whistle:
  • asianflava
    asianflava Posts: 313
    Options
    Shopping for a "BBQ gun" I see.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    Yep! But I have a dealer that can get it cheaper for me. Dealer price. I am getting another AR 15 when we place the order. We put in big orders and get the best rates and discounts on shipping.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    LOL! It ventilates the butt so you can get bark on the inside as well as the outside! :woohoo:
  • LoneStarEgg
    LoneStarEgg Posts: 287
    Options
    gotta shoot FMJ's for that.
  • JBUG99999
    JBUG99999 Posts: 263
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not happy with your Sig P220, I love both of mine.

Since it's a Sig, you really don't have to spend a great deal of time cleaning it. They're built like tanks--just break it down, take a few cleaning swipes at it, oil it, put it back together, and take it to the range again! :woohoo:

Wish I lived close enough to visit the Mothership store, sounds fun!
  • ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    Love my SIGs, got 3 flavors 9, 40 and 45. Couldn't see parting with one!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • Hungry in Lilburn
    Options
    Let me be very clear, nothing wrong with gun at all! It has been great and very effective. The problem is with the owner, me. I am 53 and losing my patience easily and don't enjoy the maintenance that goes with an auto. I was about to add a Walther PPS for my CCW and decided against it. If I don't clean it regularly it simply will not work. I have dropped my revolvers in mud puddles, picked them up, blew down the barrel and fired them without stopping. Hard for me to complain about that. I just need a revolver now that is small enough to CCW and have enough stopping power.