Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sams club chicken sausages are so good

Options
hayhonker
hayhonker Posts: 576
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The roach coach guy goofed and told us that our favorite item on his truck comes from Sams Club. My buddy Larry bought a couple packs so now we can grill 'em on our lunch break.
These chicken sausages with spinach and asiago cheese are awesome.
sausage01.jpg
sausage02.jpg

Comments

• Misippi Egger
    Misippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Options
    Love them !

Flavorful and "somewhat" healthy !
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sausage is my chocolate. I'll look for those!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I buy them all the time. My wife loves them and I also think they are very tasty.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have not tried any of those but i have become a sams bratworst junkie.. i guess i can try to pull myself away from those and try some of the other sausages...

i just had enough of seeing emeril so i just started ignoring those sausages... because they were right next to emeril :pinch:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    How can they be any good without any gluten?

You can't have any gluten if you don't eat your meat.

Seriously, I've actually tried those and have to agree, they are very good. Compare with Aidell's or Emeril's and I doubt you can tell the difference.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC07309.jpg

I second, or third that. Hehee. Did you read the package, they are precooked. Some of the flavors are more lo-cal than others.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • hayhonker
    hayhonker Posts: 576
    Options
    you mean I can just take one out and start gnawing :woohoo:

So they have more flavors? They don't look too good up close not being pork colored but I'll ask my friend to scope out the others. We belong to Costco and BJs, not Sams. I wonder if they have them too.
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    Well, they say "fully cooked" on the label but recommend that you take them up to 160° or 165°. They say they are microwaveable too, although I've never tried that.

Yes, there are a number of flavors, Mozzeralla-roasted garlic-artichoke, and Apple smoked are two that come to mind. Like I said, watch the calories on the labels, most are around 110 with 40 of those from fat. Some are 220.

I thought Members Mark was a Sam's brand, but the other stores may have something similar.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Dang it! I was just at Sam's!! Those will go on next week's menu. Muchas, amigo.