Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

When the moon hits your eyes like...

RU EggsperiencedRU Eggsperienced Posts: 1,526
edited 3:44PM in EggHead Forum
A big-a pizza pie, That's Amore.

When the world seems to shine
Like you've had too much wine
Pizza%20Night.jpg

That's amore
Pizza%20Night-3.jpg

When the stars make you drool...
Pizza%20Night-4.jpg

Number 6 and going strong!!
Pizza%20Night-5.jpg

Thanks Dino for the great song my wife plays every time I cook Pizza!

Comments

• You were busy tonight :) Nice Pizza party :)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Whew,pleasent post!!
    Vey nice post Jerry!! Looks top notch buddy!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • It's just great days like this... Not sure it gets better.
  • Was a lot of fun.. Pizza's are so much fun to cook.
  • Nice pies Jerry

Ross
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Very nice! How many you trying to feed with all that??!! :whistle:
  • joeypizzajoeypizza Posts: 17
    Don't let my handle fool you! I'm still trying to get the pizza eggsperience down.

I noticed the parchment paper under the pie. I used the parchment for the 1st time the other night to make the pie. placed the pie and parchment on the wood handle, and when ready on to the stone. I thought I was suppose to remove the paper before placing on the 500 degree stone. What a mess that was. Do you leave the parchment under the pizza and let it burn away?
  • I cook the pizza for a few minutes then just pull it out to finish the cook. I cooked these at around 550F so after 4-5 minutes on the hot stone the parchment paper just pulls out really easy.

I generally cut out a little tab on the parchment paper that sticks out from the pizza so you can pull it really easy.
  • Great looking pies
  • cleinencleinen Posts: 102
    I did pizza last night and everything was good but the crust stuck to the parchment paper. It was a real pain.
  • That's strange - what temp were you cooking?
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    The pizza looks wonderful, Great job.

Patti

Wichita,KS
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Nice! And thanks for the tip on the parchment paper, that's a great idea! B)

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Big files scaled down but the do take a little time to load even with fact connection.

Great looking pictures though.

GG
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Fantastic looking pizza there. Almost took a bite out of the monitor.

I would have liked to see a side shot of a slice. The outer edges look like they would make some great eating. The dough looks like it would make some great garlic sticks also.

GG