Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Prime Butcher and His Brisket

WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Steve10lbBrisket.jpg
<p />A few of you have been asking about one of the prime butchers whose shop is a couple of miles down the road from me.
He is Steve Henretty of Henretty's Custom Cut Prime Meats. [p]Here he is with one of his briskets ........ he's a fine fella and I'm truly fortunate to have him nearby.[p]The beef is prime angus, raised in Lancaster Co. PA, and dry aged at least 3 weeks. It arrives fresh, he cuts to order and it's never frozen.[p]The following photos are of the trimming process..... you have to see this guy with a knife to really appreciate how quickly he works and how simple he makes the cutting look.[p]Steve started off with a whole brisket with the ribs still attached.
It weighed in at just under 20 lbs.[p]6eb4fbbb.jpg[p]
4b2a58b1.jpg[p]
489ea9eb.jpg[p]
132c96fb.jpg[p]
cd3add10.jpg[p]
5c2b249d.jpg[p]
9802021f.jpg[p]
IMAGE011.jpg[p][p]And finished up at 10 lbs.[p]
I asked him if he'd ship these. He said, "Sure! I'll ship these and anything else in the shop."
One of his big items is jumbo lump crab cakes.... he makes about a 1,000 a week, sells them to the locals, restaurants and ships all over the country.
The price he quoted me today for prime brisket is $5.99 per lb trimmed. He will ship unfrozen overnight in dry ice.[p]Custom prime butchers are a dying breed........ and as rare as hen's teeth.[p]He's pretty much a one man show so if you folks who've been asking me about Steve are really serious, give him a call at 302-239-4915 and he'll set you up![p]Large Friday Beers All Around,
John[p]

Comments