Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New XL Egg design?

Options
Eggcellent
Eggcellent Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just picked up my new XL BGE yesterday. I watched the video this morning and started looking though the box. I noticed the spring assisted hinge is not assembled. There was a warning in the video about the hinge being under tension and not to remove the plastic clips. I don't think I have this type of assembly. Does anyone know if this is a recent change along with the newer lid/dome design?

Thanks,
B. Carter

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    Did the delivery guys set it up for you or did you do it yourself?
  • Eggcellent
    Options
    I will be putting it together. Haven't decided if I'm going to do it soon or wait until I have my table finished.
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    I couldn't get my included CD to play; yet there was nothing 'plastic' included in my new (dome) XL assembly kit; nor was the hinge assembled.
    The assembly was pretty straight forward:
    1) Put the studs in the bands and tighten on the egg
    2) Put a bracket on the back
    3) Slide the top half back a bit
    4) Bolt the hinges on
    5) Open the lid and install the spring

I haven't adjusted mine with the dollar bill; yet I simply wanted to get all the pieces together before they inadvertently got broke or blew away (we had a bad storm come through here recently).

BTW, I wouldn't have picked my 'nickname' so close to yours had I seen it and don't put much thought into picking a forum name to begin with. ;)