Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Luv my new egg!

Options
schmeetex
schmeetex Posts: 69
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fired up the egg tonight for a 7th cook in 9 days. Went for the simple ribeye steaks and after a couple of steaks & burgers last week with added spices one night and blue cheese another, I'm thinking that with the egg sometimes simple can be best.

$5 a pound steak on sale with sea salt and ground black pepper (the egg can make an inexpensive steak taste really good). VO Manhattan for the cook!

Ribeyesteak001.jpg

Got the egg to 650...2:30 on each side and then shut her down for additional 2:00 on side one. Put my wife's steak on the back of the grill as she prefers closer to medium well while I like mine medium. Turned out perfect with lots of flavor and juices.

Ribeyesteak002.jpg

Baked potato and corn on the cob completed the meal.

Ribeyesteak003.jpg

Had some cherry wood chips still unconsumed from Sunday rib cook, so added another handful and really enjoyed the flavor. Man this thing is good (BGE and the steak). It sure is good to be cooking over charcoal again!

SchmeeTex

Comments