Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: iPad is here!

Hungry in Lilburn
Hungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Several of us on the forum are getting iPads. Mine came Monday and I just started playing with it. It is nice. It is heavy though. Much heavier than a Kindle. And it does not have an antiglare screen. That could be an issue for those of us who plan to lay by the pool and read books on it. The only other issue I have had so far is getting signed up on my home wifi. Wifey gave me the wrong password. Once I figured it out it worked like a charm. no config at all. setting up email was easy.

Now for the heart breaking news. This forum is difficult to manuever on the iPad. To small. I will be researching ways to make it bigger.

Enjoy you egging early iPad adopters!

Comments

• Well, did not take long to figure it out, you simply put two fingers on screen and spread them and it expands! Great for seeing impaired.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    that finger spreading stuff is pretty cool HUH?? the Droid I got yesterday has it and I love it for reading the forum on it. I just got a Nook EReader and love that. I have been amazed with all the free books out there to down load. have fun with the Ipad :)
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Needs a few changes before I'll get into that technology. One is the ability to run Flash. Wonder why they decided to spit on Adobe when Adobe is the one who brung em? It won't replace my Kindle. I can read Kindle text for hours without it burning my eyes out. iPad is like a great notebook screen..and after about a half hr my eyes are squinting. But I'm just tender and sensitive :blink: Would like to see it replace my heavy notebook for travel and also have some bells and whistles inherent to its technology. Glad you first version guys are out there. Work out the bugs for me, will ya? Competitive versions should be hitting soon. First update should be hitting in 10..9...8...7....6...

mShark