Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie needs advise on ribs

Options
Msmith
Msmith Posts: 21
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought my large BGE last week. I want to cook ribs this weekend. I only bought 1 accessory, which is the v-rack. Knowing this, what is the best method for cooking the spareribs. By the way, I already have the rub taken care of. I just need to know the best cooking method.[p]Thanks!!

Comments

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
  • Luvmyegg
    Luvmyegg Posts: 86
    Options
    msmith,[p]My cooking method for baby back ribs is to put your favorite rub on and stand them upright in a rib rack (you can just rest them upright on the V-rack and grill at 250 - 275 for 2 hours indirect with a drip pan underneath. This involves purchasing a platesetter too for indirect cooking. Perhaps you can just make a drip pan out of double thick, heavy duty foil and place it under your V-rack. Then I smear the BBQ sauce on the ribs and wrap them in foil and grill for an additional 1 hour. They are fall off the rib GOOD!! I have also eaten them after the 2 hour grilling without the BBQ sauce. They are fine that way too.
  • Unknown
    Options
    msmith, Use the JSlot method and you'll never find a need to try those other longer, harder to do methods. I think he has now recommended lowering the temp to 350 and if your doing baby backs maybe check them sooner than spares. See link below...Oh, don't mess with that Vrack for ribs , it's a pain in the but, go to home depot and get a rib rack for 5 bucks and it hold about five halves or more.

[ul][li]JSlots ribs[/ul]