Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wonderful people on this forum

Options
ebrooker007
ebrooker007 Posts: 156
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted how I would like to try some Blues Hog but the shipping was as much as the sauce. I was inquiring if anyone sells it in central Ky, but to no avail. Well I got an email from a fellow named Barry and he said they sell it about 4 hours west of from where I live. He worked it out to where his wife would bring me some next time she is coming through. That was about 3 weeks ago. Tonight we met and now I have a pint of Tennessee Red, Blues Hog and even some pecan wood to use with my egg. He had some extra Pecan from the Ice storm last year that wreaked havoc in Western Ky. Thank you Barry and Ann now I will get to see just how great this sauce is.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I just ordered 3 qts of blues and 1 qt of red today, good stuff. -RP
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    That's the great thing about eggheads :);) So many will go out of their way to help out another egghead :)
  • Linda123
    Linda123 Posts: 67
    Options
    awe --how sweet --i agree i enjoy chatting & meet the folks on this forum -- hugs to all.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That is called egghead brotherhood..right? :unsure: Or maybe egghead egghood :lol: :laugh:
    Glad you got hooked up!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    There has been quite a few things shared and passed around here over the years. Could not agree more, just a great bunch of folks here.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Watch out for the Canadian spies though. :lol::lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    They are easy to spot if you just look in the short bushes :laugh: and they can't spell color without a u either :huh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    That was a warm and fuzzy story...tell you what though you might want to become familiar with this site as it has some of the largest number of sauces and rubs and other gear on the Internet AND coupled with the cheapest S & H ! I believe they want to serve and sell, not screw ya for S & H! Better save your butter and egg money, brother - this site is a GOLDMINE! - and no I won't benefit from this endorsement!
    http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Sauces.html
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    That is very cool. I've had great experiences with people here too.

Do you have Food City grocery stores in your part of KY? They carry Blues Hog now. I was so happy to find that out.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • ebrooker007
    ebrooker007 Posts: 156
    Options
    No I do not have a food city where I live. I have looked everywhere in my town. I decided if I like it I will just order a large enough quantity to get the shipping rate per unit down.