Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters, Lobster and Dry Aged Steak for Easter

Options
Florida Grillin Girl
Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,972
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today, we shucked abunch of oysters to chargrille them. Julia Child says to clean the shells, so we did. Here they are after the scrubbing:

P4042609.jpg

Went for a little boat ride and took along some fun in a bottle, ssshhhh... don't tell anyone!

P4042602.jpg

Later on, I chargrilled the oysters with garlic butter and romano and parmesan cheese, put some finely chopped asparagus on top of some, and buckboard bacon on top of others:

P4042616.jpg

P4042618.jpg

They were fabulous - here's the empties... one left on the upper right of picture. We then built a pyramid of the shells and made a game of chucking them into the bay... I Won!

P4042627.jpg

I cut some lobster tails almost in half and brushed them in tarragon butter, placed on the egg shell side down, then flipped over for a couple of minutes:

P4042641.jpg

A 2 inch thick dry aged NY strip was next, S & P only, cranked the egg to 600 and seared it quickly on both sides, closed down the vents and let it go to 125 on the thermapen.

P4042643.jpg

P4042645.jpg

P4042646.jpg

Plated:

P4042647.jpg

Oh and here's the wine, I get to choose white or red and I chose white!

P4042649.jpg

A fun day of shucking, boating, egging, eating and Wine(ing).

Faith
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini

Comments