Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple, but tasty Easter Dinner

Options
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't post pics often because I don't think most of my meals are worth taking photos of, but here's my simple Easter dinner. I switched gears on what I was originally going to make because the weather was so nice and I didn't want to serve a heavy traditional meal.

Turkey breasts
109-0944_IMG.jpg

Asparagus
109-0945_IMG.jpg

Potato Salad (the only thing not egged :) )
109-0948_IMG.jpg

Asparagus & Mushrooms ready to serve
109-0947_IMG.jpg

The turkey sliced and ready to serve
109-0949_IMG.jpg

All together now and a loaf of fresh French bread. I forgot to take a shot of the bread alone. :(
109-0946_IMG.jpg

Everyone enjoyed this light meal on a warm Easter. Thank you for looking. :)

Mark

Comments

• Mud Pig
    Mud Pig Posts: 489
    Options
    That's a light meal? Wow! By the way, looks awesome, if I wasn't still so full from the BBQ I went to at my parents house I'd be drooling.
  • Sooner Egg
    Sooner Egg Posts: 578
    Options
    looks great :woohoo: we did a turkey breast as well....I forgot to take pics of it but it looked very similar to yours...fantastic looking cook! thanks for sharing the pics
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Hi Mark! Everything looks delicious! I'm with you on the pictures. I just cook pretty basic stuff, so I figure why post it. (Plus, I'm a "Type A", so it always feels like it takes forever to get the pics downloaded to photobucket).
    Brian
  • Marty4UT
    Marty4UT Posts: 34
    Options
    Very nice meal looking mark!
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Your dinner looks nice, and perfectly cooked as well. I am sure it was delicious. Your pictures are good.

We all enjoy seeing egg pictures, and personally, I don't care how basic it is. I think it helps give ideas to the new eggers too.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Just got to ask: What the hell is a heavy meal at your house :ohmy:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Weekend Warrior
    Options
    haha Whole turkeys, whole hams, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, casseroles.....you get the idea. I didn't want to burn my entire day cooking.

Mark
  • Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Thanks Faith, for the support, but my meals, for the most part, pale in comparison to yours.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Mark, you call that basic? Looks like a delicious spread to me. You might want to edit your post. You stated everything was egged except the potato salad,, Looks as if you had eggs on the top of the potato salad, so it would be accurate to say everything was egged.

BTW, didn't I place a bet with you at the Meet & Greet regarding BGDave? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Beautiful meal, brother! Glad to see you are doing something with all those lessons I taught you! LOL :woohoo: :laugh: Wish we could have been there. :( btw, I don't remember turkey ever being symetrically stacked like that when I eat at your house?! Huh... Haha :P :lol: :P