Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Check this out

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• dubah
    dubah Posts: 60
    Hi Molly, I saw that ad this a.m., too.
    I'd be in for a bag if you want to get only a portion of the 200 lbs. Let me know, Larry
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Based on the lack of a name brand, I wonder if its the same stuff Fred was peddling last summer. There's a video on his website about the lump he says is the bomb.

http://www.fredsmusicandbbq.com/category_s/554.htm
  • cookn biker
    you have mail.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Molly,

80¢ /lb isn't a great deal. Walmart had RO for 81¢ /lb.

This is $15 or $19 @ retail for 40#. $75 to $100 for 200#'s.

mexlump40lb-1.jpg

You have Sysco out your way and it sounds like the connections to get Mesquite from them at wholesale. Check out other restaurant supply housed out your way also.

Kent
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Kent. Sysco is our food provider and I will inquire. Didn't know they delt in lump. Appreciate that info.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Staci, I'll check that out.
    Good to see you 'round!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    my hunch that lump is mexican rooted.....
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

That's what I thought... they have lots of it. I can't meet their weekly requirements to buy from them out here.

I just checked the retail stuff I got was $20/lb. Still 50¢/lb at retail.

GG
  • cookn biker
    Waiting on a reply on that. Thanks Tom.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hi Molly,

I love mesquite lump and have been buying Viva Pancho , it is now up to $6.35/8#bag. I mix it with RO if I want to stretch it out. It is my favorite for steaks. Sounds about the same price per pound as what you have on Craig's List. I would think you can do better out there.

Gator