Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Butt is jammin to Da Bone!!!

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Before i wraped the butt i tasted the bark but not the meat and it was jammin to da bone. Could not believe how good it was, me and the kids did all we could not to just tear into that bad boy right then & there.

If the bark taste that good, i can just imagine how the meat is going to be.. Thanks to all your help..

Comments

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I never wrap in foil. I just let it cool, and start pulling. EAT UP!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • sirlancealot
    Options
    I"m forced to wait for dinner...
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    OK, then. Wait if you can.... I can never resist tasting it right off the egg!

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    I never wrap in foil. I just let it cool, and start pulling. EAT UP!

Faith

Same here. For me, it is never as good after it cools (though a couple of hours in foil should still be fine). Whatever time it's done is dinner time at my place though. And the bark is the best part! :)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut