Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin . . .

Options
djm5x9
djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I tried Santa Fe Cured Pork Loin, a recipe submitted by Mr. Bill Miller.[p]I was impressed so much that I took a 10 pound 22" pork loin out of the freezer to make use of the remaining marinate. A spice cabinet shortage forced recipe changes. In lieu of 6 TBS chili powder I used 2 TBS and added 1 TBS cayenne pepper, 3 TBS Cumin, and 1/2 fresh ground pepper to the stated recipe quantities. The meat, a 5 pound pork loin, was marinated for five days.[p]I stabilized the fire at 300*, placed the meat on the grill (direct with no drip pan) and added 1 1/2 handfuls of Jack Daniel's chips, reducing dampers for maximum smoke penetration, yet not starving the fire. This brought me to a 200* dome temperature for about thirty minutes. After the smoke, I raised the temperature to 300* for 1 1/2 hours, turning half way through the cook. The pork loin was pulled at 158* internal. Pulled 3* past my preference, but it was still moist and tender.[p]
In very short order, the wife and young'uns scarfed up half of the cook. Thanks, Bill . . .

Comments