Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

My first butts!

Hungry in LilburnHungry in Lilburn Posts: 756
edited 2:50PM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to everyone and especially Bacchus but to my utter amazement they came out great! My sister-in-law almost wrestled my wife to keep the box that had the one we kept. It was delicious.

2 6.5 lb butts, coated in mustard and seasoned with bad byron's butt rub. Cooked at 275 indirect. Cherry and apple smoke. Yum!

[imgtp://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/keithmock/Image015.jpg[/IMG]

Comments

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Looks like there may have been a 'bark thief' in the neighborhood??? :ohmy: :huh: Might need to install fences to keep those pesky "neighbors" from your bark?? :whistle: Nice going....nice cook. ;)
  • Great Job! Butts are such a good cook on the egg!!
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    So glad that worked out for you!! They really look terrific!!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Good job, we love pork butt on the egg. They are wonderful. They look wonderful.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Yep, you got a bark bandit! Looks great!
  • Ignore the cook's greasy fingers, I swear I did not eat the bark!
  • Man they were good! Thanks!
  • Thanks! They were great!
  • Thanks!
  • LOL! Actually, for some reason, that end just rolled off and separated. It was just that juicy!