Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WOO3 VS Adjustable Rig (Ceramic Grill Store)

Options
Scooby's Eggin again!
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking to raise my direct cooking. What does everyone recommend getting. I have a platesetter, but when I direct cook it is too close to the lump. What will give me the most bang for my bucks. Advantages and disadvantages of each?

Comments

• wannabebackinTexas
    Options
    I went with the AR simply from a standpoint of flexibility.
    The AR will allow me to go a bit higher than the Woo, or lower
    that the Woo if need be. You may also consider a spider; it along with the AR gives you all the space you might need.

Good eggin'
    -Paul
  • low tech redneck
    Options
    You can't go wrong with the adjustable rig.It will do everything the woo will and more.I have the A R for my large and the Woo for the medium. The AR is just natural for the large and I use it nearly all the time.I honestly believe the AR should be a standard part of the large.The only time I don't use it is for baking.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    I bought a 2" fire ring, use it all the time. It lays right on top of the 4" fire ring.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • mb168
    mb168 Posts: 265
    Options
    I've been using a Woo2 for years and love it, it gets used on almost every single cook now whether low and slow or grillin. I think the only time I ever take it off to cook is high temp steak searing. I don't even own a platesetter for my LBGE and wish I hadn't bought one for the XL, it sits outside now. I also bought a spider, use it for multiple tier indirects to hold a pizza stone and drip pan.

You see a lot of guys already talking about the AR, I don't think you can go wrong with either of Tom's products. Just check em both out and see what fits best, well made stuff.
  • Scooby's Eggin again!
    Options
    Thanks for all of the help. I learned a few things. This will help me make a decision. Keep on Eggin!