Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Carpet Cleaning & More

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the love of food & cooking comes the occasional & inevitable spill on carpets & rugs. I've been using the "Capture" formula for years and it's simply amazing (believe me, I don't sell the stuff)! My carpeting is of a light hue and I've had those moments of 'oops' between the kitchen & lanai where I do much of my cookin'. Sometimes the stains are of oil, marinade, etc., and it's incredible how well this product works! 'Capture' is widely available and the starter kit of the pre-mist, cleaning powder & brush would be a good start. Vacuum dried stains first, then follow with a VERY, VERY light spray of the pre-mist (like from waist level, then sprinkle with the powder and brush in well. Wait at least 30 minutes and vacuum up the residue. Repeat as necessary (doesn't happen too often). OK, anyone got a simple recipe for whole, sweet potatoes? They're on sale here for 39 cents/pound!

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Funny... your timing is something else.

I was just online calculating the cost of having Stanley Steemer come do our carpets. $284.00 and that doesn't include some rooms or furniture or extra care type services. Kinda expensive I think.

We actually have a carpet cleaner and use it throughout the year for touch-ups in traffic areas. But every now and then we need a thorough cleaning.

We tried a 'dry clean' service one time and frankly we could't tell any difference after he left.

I looked up "Capture" and read the reviews. They were good, in fact very good. I might have to give that a try.

Thanks. You may have just saved me a bunch'a money.

Spring "The Buck Starts Here" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • BigGreenDave
    Options
    Does it get red wine out.
    Dave Montgomery at Wheeling West Virgina
  • It's widely used in public venues like hotels & airports. Hope it works for you!
  • Good one Dave!!! Maybe you need burgundy carpeting. :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • I don't know as I usually get down and lap it up before it has a chance it set in... 8 - ) Seriously, I can't speak with expertise, but if it works on grease, oil, etc., it might just work on grape juice. I think the important thing is not to "set" the stain in with any other product/cleanser. Good luck!
  • lakemead
    lakemead Posts: 76
    Options