Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pastrami Burger

Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited 1:12AM in EggHead Forum

After the great looking pastrami cooks and telling Serial Griller he should make some pastrami burgers I decided a picture may help.

Jon this is for you...

Cheap sesame burger bun, thin shredded lettuce with some fixn's (think a light Big Mac sauce) - equal parts of ketchup & mayo with a little sweet dog relish mixed then mix in with the lettuce.

Burger with some DP raising the steaks, a nice slice of cheese, should have used swiss but didn't have any on hand for this cook. Next main course - a nice helping of Pastrami, wet method (thirdeye). Didn't use the pressure cooker on this run.

You know what the green things are.

The only thing that might of added a little would have to toasted the bun.

{edit - crap forgot to put the picture in}

pastrami-burger.jpg

Kent

Comments

• lowercasebilllowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    very nice!!!!!! when i was growing up mom mixed ketchup, mayo and sweet pickle reslish and called it russian dressing,, with out the relish it was french dressing B)
    i went simple today.. toasted rye with sauerkraut and pastrami warmed in chicken broth.. tomorrow grilled rye with jarlsberg cheese and pastrami and sauerkraut,
    i suggest a standing ovation for thirdeye..
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks great Kent!! Great to see you back posting!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

I think I will stop by tomorrow for dinner, sounds great.

Kent

Thanks kiddo.

Good to see you finally got some snow on the ground. :)

Kent
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Kent...Looks great...now I feel like pastrami....do you have the recipe??

Thanks, the pastrami is fantastic. Wayne has this down pat. Here is the link. I like the wet method and the pressure cooker method best.

http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/1996/05/beef-pastrami.html

Kent
  • :woohoo: Kent, you're back!! Missed you, buddy B)
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Hey Kent,

Lookin' good! Too bad I'm full else I'd ask for a bite of that sammich.
  • giantwinggiantwing Posts: 189
    Hi, I had the point of a brisket cut out for me last night with the intention of doing this. I have just applied the dry corning rub as was in Steven Reichprct turkey pistrami recipe.
    He says leave on 24 hours. Should i then just put it on the egg for a slow cook or should I rinse and the follow the third eye recipe?

Not sure how to advise you with that. I have always purchased a pre-corned flat. Did the rinse and then smoked.

Guessing, I would follow the cook and pull when the meat is at temperature. I am looking forward to seeing your results with the point.

GG

Thanks Kari, appreciate that.

Kent

Thanks, these are great. Probably would make a great slider cook.

Kent
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    TKS Kent!!
  • giantwinggiantwing Posts: 189
    Kent,
    I appreciate the answer. I am going to put it on my med 225ish for a few hours. What temp should I pull it seeing as how I have a point and not a flat?
    I will see if I can figure out the digital camera and get a picture for you.

Thanks

Mike