Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cupcake Pan Smoked \'Maters & Cold Smoked Salmon

thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
edited 3:16AM in EggHead Forum
DSC00096aa.jpg

I discovered a better way to smoke tomatoes ..... In a Myron pa... I mean a cupcake pan. Much better than a flat tray as these take less olive oil, plus you can make different flavored ones. I chilled these down for a salsa, but I'll be doing the cupcake tin ones for my pasta dishes and pizza from now on.

DSC00125aa.jpg

Now for some cold smoked salmon (dry cured) with a hot finish. No, not in an Egg, but I bet I can come close with using one. Or stike can pull it off with his new contraption. Wowz about it Jeff? Hehee.

DSC00120aa.jpg

DSC00117aa.jpg
Happy Trails
~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery

Comments

• :laugh: look who woke up!
    Come on down to OKC, cuz :evil:
    you WILL have a grand time B)
  • AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 664
    Great idea on the smoked 'maters. That salmon looks good as well.
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,776
    Saw some really nice salmon in my local H.E.B. store on Sunday. Now you and TGNman show salmon photos and Woot.com has cedar planks for sale.

Then I get an email from a friend in Oregon saying he caught and smoked a 28 pound spring Chinook (King) Salmon.

I guess salmon is in my future.

Thanks for the inspire...

Spring "The Future Starts Now" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Nice smokes - smokin up da hood in Casper. :)