Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Fajita Results

Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
edited 2:29AM in EggHead Forum
Did pork Tenderloin and Chicken Fajitas for guests on Saturday. No pics of the chicken, which actually were the best. Cut pork tenderloin lengthwise and pounded to about 1/2". Both the pork and chicken were in individual marinades that differed slightly. Chicken was a lime based vinegarette and pork was herbs in oil and Negro Modello Mexican dark ale. Cooked on a Mequite lump fire.

Made up fresh salsa, guacamole and grilled veggies. Made a batch of beans in my new cast iron dutch oven and added a mess of Spanish rice.

Left over pork was great sauteed in a little butter and served with fried eggs for breakfast yesterday morning. I'm rebuilding the same taco for today's lunch as you see in the pic.

It's Monday in San Antonio.

• Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,227
    looks great :)
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Great pics and that all looks delicious.... :)
  • The pics look great. I think pork is perfect for fajitas.

• Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Everything was great except I should have pulled them a tad sooner. Some got a little dry.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,020
    That is some great looking food.
    Send me down a plate...
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • Ms.Ms. Posts: 145

Did you make your own tortillas?
    No, Ma'am. But we did buy them fresh from one of the better Mexican restaurants in town. Did I mention that we have a couple of Mexican restaurants in San Antonio? :silly:
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    It is Monday in Belton to, what a coincidence. Probably still Sat. in Cypress.
    Nice job on the fajitas.

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Wowwwww Mike incredible looking & tasting tacos I'm sure. Never had negra modelo for marinade but can just imagine the nice flavour
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    Not only a Master Chef, you're turning into quite the photographer, Mike. Great post.
    Thanks, Man. Yeah, they had a nice flavor. Is it Monday in Monterey, too. looks like there was a protest there yesterday. :ohmy:
    :blush: Thanks, Dave!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,515
    That is very good looking food my friend.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Just loved those pics LR......I can almost taste the fajitas! :)
  • ViennaJackViennaJack Posts: 357
    Great idea. Never done Pork Fajitas before.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,492

Great looking meal. Pics are awesome, wish I could get mine to look like that.

Caledon, ON

• Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186
    Those pics make me want do that same cook.
    I'm sure it was as tasty as it was colorful.
    Just wait until you're as old as I am and I'm sure it'll happen. :woohoo:

Actually I just take a bunch of shots of each and hope one comes out. Picassa helps, too. :blush:
  • Ms.Ms. Posts: 145
    That's cool. I had to start making them myself, because what we get here is very bland... Sort of "winter" tortillas, you know what I mean? ;)