Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

egging @ Navarre Beach

Chef Wil
Chef Wil Posts: 702
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
planning on going to Navarre Beach for a few days of R/R. Besides the beach and egging, what else is there to see and do? TIA

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Chef Wil,[p]Have a good trip and enjoy the beach. I'm off to San Marcos to judge a BBQ Cook-off tomorrow. [p]Drive safe![p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Chef Wil,
    there is a zoo.
    then there is big breasted blond bimbo's in bitt cutter bikinis or did i mention the zoo?

• Joder
    Joder Posts: 57
    Chef Wil,
    That's my neck of the woods. Are you bringing an egg?

• BobinFla
    BobinFla Posts: 363
    Chef Wil,[p]NOTHING![p]That's the beauty of the place. Fort Walton Beach is just to the east, and Pensacola/Pensacola Beach just to the west if you need anything to do with civilization. (of course, my direct contact information is over 25 years old.)[p]BOB
  • Chef Wil,
    yo chef, dont forget to stop by Destin. The most beautiful hidden beach treasure in US. Been there at least once every year. Planning to come back in Aug.

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    Chef Wil,
    Plenty to do and see in the area. Pensacola beach has more of the touristy stuff over to the West of Navarre Beach. It has a boardwalk, shops, etc. For more deserted stretches of beach try the National Seashore which divides Navarre Beach from Pensacola Beach. I personally wouldn't go to Destin unless you want to be tied up in traffic, although it's nice to make you appreciate Navarre Beach.[p]In Pensacola the Naval Aviation Museum on the Naval Air Station is an absolutely world class collection of aircraft and airwarfare history (best of all it's free) don't miss it if you have any interest in the subject at all. Also the Blue Angels practice there on Thursdays. At the west end of Santa Rosa island is Fort Pickens a civil war fortification that also was manned in WWI & II.
    It is part of the National Seashore (there is a charge for Ft. Pickens). [p]You'll need to go off-island for your groceries. There is a Publix and a Winn-Dixie in Navarre & a Super Walmart about 15 miles W. of Navarre. It's worth the trip across the 3 mile bridge and just into Pensacola to go to Joe Patti Seafood Market. It is a trip unto itself and the absolute best place in the area to pick up fresh seafood (billed as the areas 2nd most popular attractions) the boats tie up right at the market.[p]If dining out:
    Cocodries, on Navarre beach is very good and reasonable.
    Peg Leg Pete's in Pensacola Beach has good atmosphere.
    The Fish House in Pensacola is on the water and is excellent although kind of pricey.
    Billy Bob's Beach BBQ in Gulf breeze is pretty good for bought (although not anything like we can make @ home).
    Cancun's in Navarre is good Mexican, don't be put off by the appearance.[p]If you would like any additional info, just send me an email. Or, if you'd like I'll give you my # if you need it. I can give you some pointers w/o tieing up more bandwidth.[p]Get ready for some of the world's most beautiful beaches!

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Rodan,
    also nearby at eglin air force base is where they tested the moab (the mother of all bombs) i would have bought a ticket had they announced it

• Rodan
    Rodan Posts: 32
    jwitheld,
    Me too. I didn't see it, but I could hear it from the house. We hear the "sounds of freedom" frequently, but the MOAB was a different story altogether. Rattled things in the house.

• Rodan,
    You have me longing for my week at the beach ... we are waiting until later this year. We go every year to P-Cola. Love it. You can swim in the P-Cola sound or in the gulf .. one side is alway flat. It WILL rain every day for about 30 minutes to an hour in the afternoon. Which, IMO, is just enough time to eat lunch and relax before going back to the beach or sound or golf or jet skiing or sailing or fishing or whatever. Speaking of fishing, if you like to fish you can charter a boat or fish from the 3 mile bridge.[p]If you drink, be sure to have a Bushwacker (ask the locals they will send you to the right place) they are very good.[p]P-Cola and Navarre are a very good time. Enjoy.[p]

• Chef Wil,
    If you travel to the Ala/Fla line and want to hear some real redneck music, try the FloraBama Lounge. Every year this bar has an annual mullet toss to see how 'fer' someone can toss this fish. This place is located right on the Gulf of Mexico.