Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Inquirer Article on Eggers

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just logged on before heading out to the competition this morning, and the article is out!!! Looks like you gotta create an account, but the article looks to be VERY nicely written. Thanks Diane, It is a treat to work with a writer who actually writes what really happened! [p]Dizzy got a nice mention too! This is very cool. Great weekend to everyone.
Chris

[ul][li]Egger Article[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Chris:[p]Nice article. Here is a site to help protect your privacy when a registration is requested for newspapers . . .[p]bugmenot.com
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Wow! The article captures the feel of the day and the spirit of eggers very, very nicely.[p]Thank you Diane.... it was a blast working with you![p]The All-Egg Dizzy Pig BBQ Team will be competing in Annapolis this weekend..... come by and have a PBR![p]John[p]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]"Undeniably, they're serious about food."[p]Excellent article! Thanks for posting that. Also, I talked with Dr. Woo last night, and I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend, after all. Good luck, and kick some Big Green Arse this at Annapolis this weekend![p]Heeee,
    Cornfed

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    . . .'kovaskitz'???? that may be the biggest revelelation since we found out 'kramer's' first name was 'cosmo' on "sienfeld" .. .btw, nice pic of you barefoot and unshaven. . you look like a neanderthal hangin over that egg. . .LOL

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    great article!!!. . .and mine name even made it in there!!. ..now i need to go buy a hundred copies for family, friends and co-workers. . .[p]good luck this weekend!!!!

• Smokin Bob
    Smokin Bob Posts: 239
    Options
    Wow! Great Article! It really captures not only the ability and versatility of the BGE but the environment it creates![p]Have a great weekend!
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]That's a GREAT article and John (WooDoggies), you are a star!! NB and Max get some great top billing as well![p]Smokey
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mr. Doggies,[p]Hey dude, that was a good write up about ya'll and the egg... Right up until they got to the PBR part.[p]Busch Lights (yeah, it's that much more gooder)
    Matt

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I am bad today. I did not mention the "Mr. Eral", who's comments (in the article) are right on target!!
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Finally some accurate press on the the Big Green Egg and it's following.
    You are correct, It was nicely written.
    Bob

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Great article. I saved it in Acrobat Reader for ya'll so it can be reviewed in 10 years. heee![p]Excellent plugs Mang! You better stay home this weekend and fire up the spice grinder.[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

[ul][li]Philly Article in PDF format - Requires Acrobat Reader[/ul]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great article. She picked up on all the important details of Egging. Makes me want to go cook something on my Egg.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    VERY nice article.[p]Toy Man
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Or you can just make up a name.[p]Interestingly enough idiots@philly.com was already taken. [p]Toy Man
  • Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options

Very well done Dianne. You clearly "get it" and have the ability to convey what you get - two distinct skills. Other media members have done stories about the egg because their bosses told them to. You wrote your story because you understood there was a story to write. The difference showed.

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    Options
    Who would have thought that we would ever see StumpBaby mentioned in a national paper![p]Great article, Thaks for sharing it Chris.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great article. Looks like a good time was had by all.[p]CWM

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Way to go, dudes! What great PR. PBR. Whatever.
    Good luck in Annapolis.
    Cheers,
    G.

• Love Handles
    Love Handles Posts: 253
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great Article--I've become a big egger the last few years. Its neat to see Chris & John (whom I had the pleasure to meet and hang out with at the Nature Ranch not long ago) in that article. I never thought I'd fly cross country to attend a BBQ class, but I did, and my friend Goose and I had a great time. Good luck to you guys in competition this weekend---Mike

• StubbyQ
    StubbyQ Posts: 156
    Options
    Smooooth Dude!!! It captured the very essecence of Egging. Now ya'll are all stars. Can I get your autograph on check for $20? Send it to.....
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Congrats all around! Including the writer.[p]And good luck at Annapolis.[p]Ken
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Beautifully done!! All of you. Congratulations![p]Mike

• Unknown
    Options
    Nature Boy, This is a wonderful article about three very talented and generous BGE BBQ pros. Although I have only had the pleasure of talking with Chris (Nature Boy) over the phone, while ordering some of his mouthwatering rubs, I feel like I know John (WooDoggies) and Hillard (Mr.Earl) also because of all the wisdom they have shared on this forum. You guys are really a "CLASS ACT" and I am proud to be associated with you and all of the other "REGULARS" on this forum that unselfishly share their knowledge with people like myself who are fairly new to the BGE and are constantly "CHECKING IN" to see what we can learn or posting a note when we have something we feel that important enough to share. I am sure I speak from all of us when I say "THANK YOU" for all you share with us![p]Sincerely,[p](Pitbull)
    Kim Shaffer [p]

• Kanbun
    Kanbun Posts: 7
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great article! Thanks for the great rubs and the apron and the jar of jaw-healing vibes.
    Michael

• Tanya
    Tanya Posts: 87
    Options
    Nature Boy, What a great article! I'm fairly new to Egging but have enjoyed many wonderful cooks thanks to all the people on this forum who jump right in and help when you call for it. I've done low and slow and T-Rex steaks and everything in between even when I didn't have a clue how to start. But someone always answered my crys for help and encouraged me on. You're all just great! And I'm just about ready to call on Nature Boy for a replenishment of the rubs. They are great! Thanks to everyone and congratulations to Woodoggies, Nature Boy and Mr. Earl! I think there will be a lot of new Eggers after this. By the way, I have always wondered why there isn't more advertising for the Egg? Most people I know have never heard of it. I've enlightened quite a few though!

• MR H
    MR H Posts: 109
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Agreat write up.so positive[p]Cheers MR H

• Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Eggcellent article!

• Dave's Not Here
    Options
    Hey Darryl,
    BugMeNot is the first thing I thought of after seeing Chris' post. I first heard about it when the Talkmaster (Boortz for non-Atlanta folks) mentioned it earlier this week. It's a great site.
    Dave