Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storage of Accessories

Options
egginator
egginator Posts: 569
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have had my egg for maybe 3 or 4 years and have collected a bunch of accessories. How do people store these things? The plate setter, adjustable rack, woo ring, extra grids, pizza stone, wok, etc... just don't fit into plastic bins all that great. Most of the accessories get dirty and not overly easy to clean - either that or I am a slob. My cook area is also the patio off the kitchen, so a mess is very evident. I'm thinking of buying one of those big patio storage bins, but was wondering what other people do to battle the clutter.

Thanks

Ed

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I picked this shed up at Home Depot.
    With the curved base, it will hold PS for a large.
    Note: Did not come with sheves.

shed1.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    Options
    I just started egging about 2 months ago, but I bought a 4 level storage rack from Lowes to keep my stuff on. It sits in my basement just inside the door from where my egg is.
  • Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Mine looks like this. It's a Rubbermaid. It's not as nice(or expensive) as loco's but it gets the job done.

106-0625_IMG-1.jpg

Mark
  • Woody69
    Woody69 Posts: 360
    Options
    I keep mine in the old gasser. :laugh:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    here's what works for me. Obviously the lid has been removed for the picture, but this slides under my table. Then the drawer holds tools etc.
    IMG_1388.jpg

I store my lump in the garage and then all my "inside" toys that need protection from the weather are in a designated plastic "wicker-like" basket in the broom closet like the Guru, Thermapens, Polders etc.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Don Marco
    Don Marco Posts: 287
    Options
    Heres my ESS Eggstuff-Storing-Solution:

57_P1050330_Small_1.jpg

Bought it two weeks ago and im very happy with the cabinet and the clean patio.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I've got that same shed. Made shelves for it. Works great. Keeps everything dry rain, snow or shine. I've put a few hooks in the back wall to hang "stuff." Highly recommend it.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I've got that one too :) Keep lump in it. It holds about 8 ten pound bags.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    rigstorage.jpg

Since you asked about the rig and such, here is how I do it.

Load up the rig and store the stuff in the egg. Included in the pic are:
    - adj. rig;
    - 2 stones, one oval & one round;
    - 2 oval grids;
    - one 18" half grid
    - bge 18" grid
    - slide guide
    - rig extender and
    - crossbars.

Spider sits below the rig. Pans could go atop bge grid but I trypcially keep them in the house.

When you start an upcoming cook, just lift out the rig and it's easy access to the firebox. Then build the rig set-up with the pieces.
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Like this. -RP

IMG_0403Small.jpg
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I store my lump mostly in an very old dirt floor garage, 1 bag in the house, 1 bag in truck and 2 bags in jeep at far terminal. :woohoo:

Still don't think I have enough!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :ermm:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Randy,

Some of those eggcessories aren't very familiar to me

Methinks they are mechanisms of torture for unsuspecting visitors :laugh:
  • That's some funny s*^t! I use my gas grill for the same thing.
  • No Trash
    Options
    We just finished up a storage project. It was build on it's back and sides. When we stood up the storage unit my wife was very quick to name it... 'The Outhouse'. She will not let me put the 1/2 moon on the door but it looks just like an outhouse.

4972138219_44eef6f56e_m.jpg

4972138447_5330df3ca5_m.jpg

4972138677_5be02caa80_m.jpg