Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What is it about the egg?

2»

Comments

• Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    I agree with all said above.It's so versatile and the food is so good that comes off of it.
    Then there is the addiction...In the past 9 months I have not used my gas grill ,I 've used my pellet smoker twice.It's hard not to fire up the egg!
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    as much as I try and rationalize that there exists a list of 'points' to be made that explains it, I think you might just be right
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    thanks for the link ,, i obviously remembered the wrong site.. i came across one dedicated to encouraging people to sit down and share a meal with their children and to sit at the table like a family,, just read your link seems right up my alley ,, i missed a 'make your on scrapple and sausage, perserve Pa. Dutch traditions day' while i was in Fla,, then there is my heirloom tomato and apple fetish.
  • UGAVET
    UGAVET Posts: 577
    If I could figure that out maybe I would quit buying them.
  • i think they would probably just attribute it to your mental illness
  • bill,

You have translated my feelings about EGGing into the truest of words. Thank you.

Now I understand why I felt violated, in addition to devastaed and insulted, when my sister-in-law's partner railed against the Egged cheese and bacon my husband said they wanted to try. I lightly smoked them in sweet woods because my sister-in-law was not overly fond of smoked foods (although the natural bacon she loves has a very predominant applewood flavor :blink: ).

The partner went on to accuse me of badgering my 16 y/o son because I was forcing him to eat only Egged foods. (I pointed out that he often requests specifically Egged foods when home from school for an occasional Sunday afternoon or weekend; my husband pointed out that he also often expresses no preference or opinions at other times.)

What started out as a "joke" of my needing an "EGG Intervention" turned ugly real fast...

BTW, I did not care for any of the $800 gasser foods prepared there :sick: .

Again, thanks for the EGG Therapy B)
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Zippy it's very simple: Imagine the comic strips, it makes us guys feel like Superman & the girls like Wonderwoman....instead of the normal Blondie Boopadoop & Dagwood Bumstead... :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    looks like they have condemned theselves to a life of boiled asparagus and dried up chicken,,their loss.
    i feel blessed in that both my sons have taken up cooking as a hobby and my younger one even cooks for himself on the egg when i am not at home and sends the pix over the phone!
  • Zippylip
    or at least one of them
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    leave it to you to put it in those terms Beli, very well said
    happy in the hut
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    ...personally it's because I work too much to enjoy my time consuming hobbies and you have to eat so this as become my replacement hobby that fits into our life schedules.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    It is funny huh?? I have thought on this many times sitting out by the egg with a glass of wine by myself waiting for Neil to get home.. or with friends doing Pizzas and lots of good beer... or even at work cooking on the lg for 30 hookers...(with no drinks LOL)
    I have found no answer yet... and even for the time we have had our eggs "it" has not dimmed any. If anything it has grown... although I am not sure what "it" is really. the first year of egging I was not on the forum so "it" grew by itself.. then the forum did flame "it" quite a bit...after our first fest the dynamics changed completely... When you talk to some one and tell them about the egg... LOL or a fest... or about "friends" you have never laid eyes on, only talked to on here. they are thinking "GET A LIFE"
    and the food... how many would be cooking the things they are with out the egg?? we are stretched and grow and all because of a lump of green ceramics.
    I have often wondered if there is the comrodery among the other ceramic cookers forum.
    I guess we really are a family of type on here. newbi or oldie all politics and OT aside.
    ok sappy enough LOL :blush:
  • Zippylip
    all good points. Also, not sure if I ever thanked you, so in case I did not, thank you, that was a rather difficult situation I dragged you into to suffer through along side of me :)
    happy in the hut
  • we all have at least one. it's learning to cherish it that is the trick. if it weren't for what little i can attribute to my mental illness, i'd have no personality at all.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    That is fine :) hey us Hookers are used to listening to someone work things out, out loud :whistle: and that is just another case and point of the people on here. We all care but are still a bit impartial.
  • ChefAl
    ChefAl Posts: 66
    best way to explain it is when you take that first bite!
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Only open 2 days, I have the most tender and juicy chicken of any BBQ restaurant. Not my words.
    Mike
  • All I can say about it is that I had oral surgery this past Monday and the surgeon put me on mechanical soft food for 4 days. Then Friday he extended that to another 4 days. It turns out I have a large following of foodies now. I have had about 20 people including family and coworkers asking me why I am not cooking on my BGE! They want more food! They miss it. One girl at work when I explained that I had mouth surgery and couldn't eat anything more firm than milk toast replied "so?". She said I had created an addict and had to feed her! LOL! People love the egged food and we cooks love cooking on it. I noticed that my kitchen was set up for cooking on the egg; butcher paper, seasonings cabinets, assesories et al were arranged and waiting for cooking. I cooked chicken in a steamer to make some soft chicken and dumplings and it felt so strange. Tasted good since I hadn't eaten anything but mush for days. But wasn't as good as the BGE can produce! Next week, ribs, chicken and steak!
  • lowercasebill
    i hope they're lined up at your door.!