Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chili and Cornbread Pie

Options
WooDoggies
WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ChiliPie.jpg
<p />When I got home last night there was nothing in the fridge but some suspect hot dogs and wilted carrots.... and after searching through the kitchen for a while, things weren't looking too promising for dinner.
Opening the freezer, there it was ..... a quart of chili made a couple months back... and looking through the cupboards, there was fixins for cornbread.
I like cornbread with chili and having remembered seeing a recipe for combining the two, I thought I'd wing it.[p]I started up the egg, put in the platesetter feet down, let the temp steady at 350, set the skillet pie on the setter, closed the dome and let it cook for about an hour until the cornbread got nice and brown.[p]It turned out really well and I ate way too much.[p]
Chili and Cornbread Pie[p]Fill the bottom of a 12" cast iron skillet with about a quart of chili. [p]In a bowl mix:[p]~ 1/2 chopped onion
~ 1 14 oz. can creamed corn
~ about 1/2 cup of milk
~ 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
~ dollop of mayo (no eggs and couldn't think what else to use)
~ about 1.5 cups of yellow cornmeal
~ 3 tsp baking powder[p]Mix well. Try to keep the mixture from getting too thick or too thin..... it should just pour out of the bowl.[p]Evenly pour over the chili and bake until brown on top.[p]Have a moment of silence for the greens, crack a PBR and eat.[p]John [p][p]

Comments