Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

2 anti-clumping additives questions

RRPRRP Posts: 13,420
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I make a homemade rub that we just love for prime rib like for on the 35 day Drybag aged one that is for supper tomorrow night. I make it in small batches, but there is always a goodly bit left over so I save it in a tightly sealed glass spice jar from Penzkys. Then when I make a new batch I mix in the leftover which always is just a tad clumpy by then. I have been thinking that maybe I should add some anti-clumping agent to prevent that. Would common corn starch work? OTOH since I assume the clumping comes from the presence of moisture would merely adding some dry white rice to the stored rub do the trick and not add any taste?
Ron
Dunlap, IL

Comments