Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not Too Old To Learn

Options
Hillbilly
Hillbilly Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did Country Pork Ribs on my new BGE yesterday. Great! Had some left over for breakfast.[p]Today I prepped a small 2 lb brisket to experiment with. Lit the Egg around 1 pm, but went back inside and left draft door open and daisy wheel off for a few minutes.[p]When I came back out the temp was 550! Now every other grill I have had was easy to lower the temperature...so should be the same with the egg right? Wrong! It is much easier to raise the temperature than it is to Lower the temp. That sucker just holds the heat forever. Finally I shut if off and still took a long time to get the dome temp down. Finally, at 5 pm I restarted and now have the meat on.[p]Lesson Learned? Easy to go up, hard to come down![p]Not too old to learn a new thing and am giving my old gasser away.[p]
'Tis a privilege to live in the Ozarks!

Comments