Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Efficient Use of the Egg?

Options
F308gt4
F308gt4 Posts: 35
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many of my cooks are high-heat, fast cooks, like burgers, steak, etc.

I light up the egg, wait about 1/2 hour for the temp to get up really high and the coals to burn off, then start cooking, which goes by pretty quick (often under 10 minutes).

Then I close up the vents.

The egg is so efficient, that the temp stays up usually well above 400 degress for a while.

I'm wondering if I can make use of this extended high temp time. I.e., shut down the vents on the egg, and stick something in it that will cook over the course of maybe 30 min- 1 hour while we are eating what I just grilled. It would have to be something somewhat low maintenance, as you don't want to keep going back out to look/take temps, etc., since you are eating your meal. Also, the temps will be slowly falling during this period, so you can't count on a sustained temp for too long.

One thought is maybe a small loaf of bread? Any other ideas? Perhaps something desserty? Cake?

Thanks!

Comments