Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Apple wood for smokin'

mncrackedeggmncrackedegg Posts: 5
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Long time "lurker"...first time poster. Wanted to THANK everyone for their helpful posts over the past 2+ years. I purchased my LBGE about 2 years ago and you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands in order to take it away from me. I love this thing...my wife claims its almost as bad as the disease called "GOLF" eggcept much tastier....AND the bonus of my BGE is that I get to use it all year long!

Now to my newly aquired stash of Apple chunks for smokin'....Last weekend my neighbor trimmed his Apple tree so curious guy that I am I stopped over to see what his plans were for the larger sticks....to make a long story short...I scored about 5 years worth ( 2 heaping wheelbarrows full of Applewood for SMOKIN'! Only problem is....it all needs to dry before I can use it.

I split it all up into "lump" size pieces...Anybody have any clever ways of speeding up the drying process...would love to hear them.

Thanks!

Comments