Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Went to buy lump...came out with a Small

Hamm
Hamm Posts: 73
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to buy lump for this big cook I've been asking everyone's advice about...the dealer was shipped a Small instead of a medium, they were in the process of sending it back to Atlanta, and the guy said he would sell it to me for 350. I have been secretly wanting a Small, but didnt want to spend 350...he said 300 hundred out the door. I couldn't refuse. Man, my wife is going to kill me. Large Egg, Small Egg, 2 Weber Kettles, and a big ol Gasser that ran me a little over 1000 two years ago. I gotta get rid of some grills cause my patio is not that big, and if you don't love grills, it sure is ugly seeing all of those things lined up. She get's home at 6pm, pray for me.

Comments

• Borders
    Borders Posts: 665
    Hamm, schhhweeet!!

• Hillbilly
    Hillbilly Posts: 14
    Hamm,
    At times like this the Man's Prayer from the Red Green Show would be in order. I think it goes something like this...[p]I am a Man
    I can Change
    If I have to
    I Guess[p]
    I hope you don't get a Lump for going to buy some Lump! LOL

• Hamm, do what I did. Had a 1 year old webber gasser that I paid about $700 for. One week after getting the egg, I GAVE the webber to a fellow just to get it off my deck! Now theres nothing there but the egg. Love it!![p]Van
  • randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Hamm,
    Your best bet is to have that sucker fired up and have dinner near ready when she gets home.[p]I've had my small now for about a month and love it! My Large is getting green with envy...
    RE

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Hamm,
    Don't give away the kettles or gasser. You should be able to sell them to recoup the price of that small egg.
    Given a huge discount on that gasser, it will sell in a hurry.
    Some people can't be converted, so the discount you can offer on the gasser is for them.
    Bob

• James
    James Posts: 232
    Hamm,[p]Did you actually remember to buy the lump as well? [p]Or did you do like I often do, and forget all about the original purpose of your trip?[p]

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Hamm,[p]Quick, take a picture before she gets home. Let's see the menagerie.[p]You could always tell her the large was pregnant and when you got home, there it was.

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Hamm
    GrillMeister,
    I've yet to discover how to post pictures, but she is on her way home now...you know I did the dishes, dusted, and made the bed. Hopefully she will not notice the eg due to my good deeds.

• Hamm
    James,
    Got the 20lb bag and a 300lb lump in my wallet.

• Hamm
    randomegger,
    What accessories do you have for the small, are they pretty hard to come by? The guy at the store told me the small was for hamburgers and hot dogs only!? He also said the mini was worthless and they would never carry it! Silly dude.

• randomegger
    randomegger Posts: 194
    Hamm,
    Well, I just couldn't turn down the 'starter kit' - daisy wheel, coal, the little rake thingy and the like. I really didn't need much as I already had the large. I did buy a kind of roasting pan for it.[p]Lessee, so far I have done dogs and burgers in it as well as chicken breasts, a whole chicken, shark steaks, pineapple and poundcake, and my first attempt at ABTs (long story, not good!) - anyhow, I think it is capable of much more than burgers and dogs![p]I have the luxury of being right here in ATL, so accessories are not hard to come by![p]I think there's a beer calling me somewhere. Good night![p]RE

• Hamm, just a prediction based on my experience: You'll have a mini within a year even though you don't know it yet. It IS easier on the wallet also. Did you hear the rumor they will discontinue the mini soon? better get it sooner than later!

• Hamm, just a prediction based on my experience: You'll have a mini within a year even though you don't know it yet. It IS easier on the wallet also. Did you hear the rumor they will discontinue the mini soon? better get it sooner than later! (Posted because pleasure loves company also)

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    How bout the rumor there will soon be a micro? (I'm starting it! LOL)
  • randomegger, yeah, the small egg is totally awesome. I have 4 Eggs myself, have bought 3 more for family, and the small is by far most used. Only on large briskets and turkeys do I fire up the large. The small is Incredible, a bakery oven, a super hot steak grill.... just awesome.