Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

lower daisy wheel vent

mbmikembmike Posts: 32
edited 6:33AM in EggHead Forum
Hey everyone I seen a post a while back about using one of these, who sells them? and do they work? Sort of a newbe so wandering thats all. Seems sometimes it takes me a while to get temp set on a large to do a long cook? B)
·

Comments

• I think this is it.

http://thirdeyebbq.com/MicroAdjuster.aspx

I have been considering one too.
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Just take your time, practice, and don't overshoot your desired temp...the egg will, can, and does work absolutely fine all by itself...gadgets are nice to have..but certainly not NEEDED to control temps.......
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Well said, Wess.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I have had one for about 6 years, you can have it if you want it, no advantage using it in my opinion. I just know my vent openings and have never seen the benefit of it. -RP
    ·
  • WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    To many times people want to over complicate some of the simplest things...or buy their way around them...what we all do here with these wonderful eggs is such a "simple" process...regulate the fuel..stabalize...and enjoy..Thanks for the vote..
    ·
  • i have one, but don't need it. i like it, but you should learn to run the egg au naturel before gadgeting her up
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    AGREED! B)
    ·
  • A big, Yes Sir! To all that has been said!
    I'm still learning, as perhaps most all of us are with one thing or another, but what she's got on her is really all you need!
    ·
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,906
    finally! You said something I agree with. ;)

I've used the daisy wheel and lower vent au natural since I got my Egg in 1998.

I have one of the micro adjusters and it works like a charm. I had to fool with it for a bit though before I got the hang of it. Only used it for low and slo cooks though.
    ·
  • mbmikembmike Posts: 32
    Thanks for all the imput, I'll just keep working at it, its a learing process I know like all other things. But with the imput given I'll become a exspert egger in time. mbmike
    ·
  • EggTurnerEggTurner Posts: 108
    So true! The Egg is awesome but it does take some learning - but isn't that part of the fun?
    ·