Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Breakfast Focaccia !

SmokinGuitarPlayerSmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 697
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Since I made a couple of batches of no-knead bread dough yesterday I thought I'd whip up some breakfast focaccia. Baked at 525 deg on large egg. On the plates also are some of my "freaky Italian dried peppers" which really are good with eggs / bread etc.

The focaccia got great ... nice crust and crumb and the eggs were a little over / hard cooked for my taste but I wanted to be sure the focaccia/bread part was fully baked.

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4250.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg
·

Comments

• NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Bread looks great and the peppers cetainly look "freaky". Maybe you add the eggs later in the bake?
    ·
  • Yes, I was considering pre-baking the focaccia a little before adding the eggs ... I'll probably try that next time. FB/SGP
    ·
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    looks like a great breakfast idea.
    ·
  • Kenny 13Kenny 13 Posts: 321
    That does look like it came out great. I think adding the eggs a little into the cook probably would be a good idea.
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    YoU are killing me ,did not have breakfast and that looks great!!!

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • It WAS great ...just a memory now until next time! ;)
    ·
  • They are freaky alright. I've been eating them since I was a kid. I have a pretty good video showing how I cook them, learned from my mother. Also, if you were ever in our store , there are zillions of those peppers on strings drying all over the place. A lot of people think they are plastic decorations!
    ·
  • I'm already working on lunch. I've got more of the "plain" focaccia in my fridge and a hard salami I brought back from Molinari's I bought on my recent trip to Tony G's pizza school in San Fran.. ... I hear that calling me now... Where's the provolone?!! :P
    ·
  • Make the focaccia lots thinner next time (closer to pizza thickness) and you won't have overcooked eggs.
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    It's usually easier to fry the eggs separately and add them to the bread at the end. Fewer tears that way....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • mkcmkc Posts: 540
    Yum! Toad in the hole without the hole! Toad on the dough?

It reminds me of this post from Smitten Kitchen:

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/03/breakfast-pizza/

Perhaps a new pizza eggsperiment?

-M
    Egging in Denton, Texas
    ·
  • Thanks good idea.
    ·
  • I thought about doing that but too "safe" :laugh:
    ·
  • Very nice
    ·
  • I forgot the bacon! wow ..that is beautiful breakfast pie ..I gotta remember to go for the bacon / sausage etc. next time, thanks for the inspiration!
    ·
  • Thanks it was really good.
    FB/SGP
    ·
  • AZ TravelerAZ Traveler Posts: 662
    Great cook. It looks great. Reminds me, I have to make bread this afternoon. Keep up the good work.
    ·