Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NO KNEAD ARTISAN BREAD

SmokinGuitarPlayer
SmokinGuitarPlayer Posts: 698
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm on a baking "jag" .... must mixed up some no-knead style artisan bread dough for baking tomorrow ...it's sitting here on my desk "growing" now. I'll post pics of the finished product tomorrow. FB/SGP

IMG_4237.jpg
Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 

Comments

• AZ Traveler
    AZ Traveler Posts: 664
    That sure makes nice bread. Enjoy
  • Yep , I use that technique/recipe a lot. Today I'll take it and either make bread loaves or maybe focaccia with it!
  • BobS
    BobS Posts: 2,485
    That just has to turn out good!

I have been having a great time baking since I attended the baking class you held with Warren Prince (aka UnConundrum.

When you talk about no-knead bread, are you talking about the technique from Reinhart's book or the one from the New York Times?
  • I used the recipe out of the book "Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day" . I think I'm gonna make focaccia out of it today ... at least one of the batches .. pics will follow ... I often use Peter's technique and that works really good.
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    It also makes for a pretty good pizza dough as is. Just a bit hard guestimating and cutting off the right size dough ball.
  • Yep ..I've used it once or twice ... hard to stretch out that sticky glob but I just either do in a pan or stretch it out oh parchment.
  • Chappy
    Chappy Posts: 198
    That is a great book, I think everyone should get it. It is the easiest bread to make. Anyone can do it.
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    Chappy,
    I agree! Every one should!
    I recently, showed my neighbor and good friend how to bake bread, he's 73 years young and baking bread is something he always wanted to try but never did.
    Then, I got him the book and a 6qt plastic container with a lid, I think he's gonna be alright!

Tonight I mixed up the ingredients to the Buttermilk recipe, haven't tried it yet, so looking forward to it.
  • You're right ...could not be easier. We make the stuff at the store all the time and people can't believe how good the bread gets when baked on "the Egg".
    FB