Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Briskets

Charlie
Charlie Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on cooking two 5 pound brisket flats this weekend. The idea is to make an extended grill and cook one over the other. Has anyone tried this - does it work? Should I make some sort of drip pan to go under the top brisket or let it drip on the bottom brisket?[p]It is best to use stainless steel hardware when making the risers for the top grill?[p]Thanks for your help,
Charlie

Comments

• Charlie, let her rip, I mean drip...but I believe I would rather try to get em both on the top with a drip pan underneath both since their so small...

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Charlie,[p]I've cooked two 5 pound flats side by side many times on a large with great success. You might take them out and see how they fit before pulling them out of the cryovac.[p]I use a placesetter underneath with a drip pan. If I wanted to do three briskets, then I'd use my BGE grid exender. It's a great accessory![p]Good luck on the long cook. It'll be tasty I'm sure.[p]Cheers,[p]GrillMeister[p]

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Charlie,
    I agree wit da other fellas. Try and get them side by side if you can, on a raised grate. I like to use the BGE extended grate with the regular BGE grate on top of the extender. Just gives a better and bigger cooking surface. [p]If you have to stack them, I would rotate them every few hours as the cooking temps can be quite different for each.
    Have fun
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ