Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Droppings, What a Mess

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last night I simply had leftover egg food, Italian Sausage and Pork Chops. Part of the reason for the leftovers was the state of my kitchen. It was filthy. My wife correctly claimed that egg droppings were all over the place. The egg droppings consisted of two different sources, the charcoal dust in the basement and the ashes outside. [p]I grabbed the mop and got busy.[p]How does everyone else deal with Egg Droppings?[p]Happy Cleaning,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    RhumAndJerk,[p]Interesting terminology, I like it. My charcoal is kept in the garage in a big tub, so no mess in the basement. I have a small bucket that I keep outside by the grill that I use to soak wood chips and to catch the ash that I scoop out with the ash tool, it serves double duty (no pun intended). It fits perfectly under the bottom vent and I just scoop away the ash and throw it in the garden. No egg droppings to worry about. Its the perfect tool for the job and makes it easy.[p]Troy
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    RhumAndJerk,[p]I know what you mean; we are gearing up for a deck-wash and seal, largely to power-wash away the stray ash and lump dust that has built up on our wooden deck. As well, when I take the grid off to put in coal I set it upright in one of the cracks between 2 particular boards, resting on a support beam. These are all getting black residue on them. Ash I put in an old coffee container and also put on our garden. An old aluminium garbage can holds my current bag of BGE lump. There is a certain amount of 'mess' involved in the BGE, but a yearly power-wash is a small price to pay. I don't think any other que equipment would be tidier really; but yeah, once in a while, the wife does say, 'enough is enough, let's get this mess cleaned up'. Just consider it another part of the annual Spring cleaning! No messier than the Indians' play of late! (Sorry R&J, but when you guys lose to our Jays, you know things are getting rough....)
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    BBQfan1,
    Yeah, you got me there. I think that a perfect game through four and then a loss to the Twins sums it up well.[p]Sometimes you just have to grab a mop and clean up, whether it is men on base or egg droppings.[p]go tribe.
    RhumAndJerk[p]