Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Char Crust

edited 2:50AM in EggHead Forum
I use Dizzy Dust on almost all cooks, but has anyone ever tried Char Crust? http://www.charcrust.com/home/
·

Comments

• ShortRIbShortRIb Posts: 88
    All the time. Get Hickory. It's the best.
    ·
  • Other than steaks, anything else to use it on?
    ·
  • I love the roasted garlic peppercorn.Good stuff
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,581
    I've used Char Crust a few times. I wasn't able to get as much of a crust as I had hoped. However, I found that I liked mixing the Hickory with some DP Swamp Venom for a bit more kick.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,891
    several years ago they were quite the rage/must try thing on this board. I was able to find/buy/try all of their blends. To be honest I did not like any of them and threw all in the trash - IMO, don't bother!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • About a year ago, I had a customer request these rubs and seasonings so I started stocking all the flavors and people really order them a lot. I haven't had a chance to try any but again, they are VERY popular!
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
    ·
  • Thanks for the replies.
    ·