Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Char Crust

edited 4:53PM in EggHead Forum
I use Dizzy Dust on almost all cooks, but has anyone ever tried Char Crust?
Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY

• ShortRIbShortRIb Posts: 88
    All the time. Get Hickory. It's the best.
  • Other than steaks, anything else to use it on?
  • I love the roasted garlic peppercorn.Good stuff
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,776
    I've used Char Crust a few times. I wasn't able to get as much of a crust as I had hoped. However, I found that I liked mixing the Hickory with some DP Swamp Venom for a bit more kick.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,801
    several years ago they were quite the rage/must try thing on this board. I was able to find/buy/try all of their blends. To be honest I did not like any of them and threw all in the trash - IMO, don't bother!
    Dunlap, IL
  • About a year ago, I had a customer request these rubs and seasonings so I started stocking all the flavors and people really order them a lot. I haven't had a chance to try any but again, they are VERY popular!
    Fred A. Bernardo , owner of Tasty Licks BBQ Supply in Shillington, Pa. 
  • Thanks for the replies.