Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cheerwine and Carolina Burgers

Desert Oasis WomanDesert Oasis Woman Posts: 5,604
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks for the Cheerwine suggestion, Desert Filly! It was delish ;)

The Shrimp and Crab Burger was a big disappointment :angry: as they used Krab and a vinegary French Dressing instead of the real crab, Old Bay's Seasoning, and housemade Remoulade dressing.

P3200073.jpg

The local Charlotte hamburger had chile and coleslaw as toppings :blink: Ku liked it!

P3210075.jpg

Like all times away from home, it sure is good to be back to the dog and the BGEs B)
·

Comments

• reelgemreelgem Posts: 4,256
    You definitely can't beat food off the egg. We're so spoiled we rarely go out to restaurants anymore. Glad to hear your home safe and sound.
    ·
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    glad you took me up for the Cheerwine. My Dad ships me a couple of cases...a couple of times a year. A very different flavor.

See you in OKC.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,738
    Not sure what your cheerwine thing was but found this recipe a few years ago and had to go to South Carolina to fine the cheerwine. It is not available in Florida to my knowledge.

Sauce, BBQ, Cheerwine Championship BBQ Sauce

Have you ever tasted a new food or drink you’ve made and said, “it’s missing something”? That something is probably Cheerwine. Here are some unique recipes using your favorite cherry different soft drink. ******You’ve tried vinegar-based and tomato-based. Now it’s time to try Cheerwine-based.******Mix the following in a large pot over high heat:

INGREDIENTS:
    1 12 Ozs Can Cheerwine Soft Drink
    5 oz Molasses
    6 oz Brown Sugar
    10 oz Your Favorite Brand BBQ Sauce
    2 oz White Distilled Vinegar
    1/4 tsp White Pepper
    1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp Black Pepper
    1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
    1 oz Liquid Smoke

Procedure:
    1 Bring to boil while stirring. Cool, pour in container and refrigerate. Makes approximately 32 oz. of sauce. Enjoy with pork, chicken.or beef!

Yield: 4 Cups Apprx.

Recipe Type
    BBQ Sauce

Recipe Source
    Source: Cheerwine Co, 2008/07/11
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Nice Kari. You will get unpacked and settled in, just in time to pack and head to OKC. Gald you are home.

Mike
    ·
  • BoneheadBonehead Posts: 113
    I find myself going out to eat at places that I always hear have great burgers and being disappointed in them. I guess we're just spoiled B)
    ·
  • I guess we're just spoiled

so very true! ain't it great!!
    ·
  • :lol: may even have time to get a load of wash done :blush:
    ·
  • ASTegaCayASTegaCay Posts: 97
    Penguin Drive In in Charlotte. This is one place that stands up to the billing of a great Burger. Just can't go there often or my Dr. would be upping my TriGlcyeride meds.
    ·
    I could of brought a Suburban full last week.
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    You mean not everyone has Cheerwine?
    ·
    I know what is up with that?
    ·
    What about Sundrop?
    ·
  • DynaGreaseballDynaGreaseball Posts: 1,409
    Know that red Sun Drop? I think it's Cherry/Strawberry/Lime or something. Do they have those at the truck stops over in TegCay?
    ·
  • heard about that out there....maybe next time, unless The Filly gets some to take to an Eggfest nearby B)
    ·
    Not sure about the red, we can get the regular in the Grocery. I am not much of a fan of it, i just thought I would add that to the things we can only get in this area. Now Cheerwine is good stuff. Bonehead said something about Burgers and I stated that the Penguin has some damn good burgers.
    ·