Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The end of an era, sold my grill

Options
HungryMan
HungryMan Posts: 3,470
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife told me I can buy a mini if I sold my gas grill. It was a nice stainless steel that cost me a good few bucks new. I put it on Craigs list yesterday sold it tonight. A real nice couple came and bought it. I almost talked them into an egg. I told them to enjoy the grill and start saving the pennys for an egg. tomorrow I'll get the mini ordered.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You are going to like it my friend. Call Tom for a woo in the morning.
    That mini makes the best spatchcocked chicken direct ;)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HungryMan
    Options
    Got to make sure what I want to do. Debating if I should sell my small. I have the spider for my large and love it.
  • pattikake
    pattikake Posts: 1,175
    Options
    You will love it. Congrats. I just bought my second large.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Didn't you feel guilty? :blink:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• HungryMan
    Options
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Where are you located? Nice job on selling that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • HungryMan
    Options
    Tampa, FL. Come visit. Adam called when they were here looking at it.
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I have a large and small. Thinking about getting rid of the small and replace it with the mini. I just don't want to get rid of the small and be sorry.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thought that was where you are. To far for me to take that off your hands. Unlees you are going to Texasfest or coming to Denverfest. :):whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I'm sure I'll keep it. It's one of the few thinks I don't co-own with the bank. I had a great offer from Mickey to come to Texas. I already booked Waldorf. Waldorf is a must go for me. If Texas was a different time, I would try to do it. Me wife and I are willing to skip Atlanta and try another one.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I am signed up for Nieggara for sure! I'm doing some classes and will stay for a week, maybe two.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • HungryMan
    Options
    That's why we want to try something different. go somewhere new so we can make a little vacation out of it. I hate to go somewhere new and not adventure out. In Waldorf we leave late on Sunday and go to DC for the day. This time we will go to Georgetown.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    That was my thinking. It's my bday weekend and since I'm in Canada I want to check it out. Also want to see The Falls as an adult. Can't get my kid to go. I even offered to buy his way. His loss.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    May have a buyer for the small. They wanted to buy Gloria's medium she won, but Gloria said NO!!! Delivery arrangement can be done.
  • ranchonodinero
    Options
    Order a mini kim woo and some pizza stones! For certain cooks, it is hard to beat-used it this evening to cook a couple of chicken breasts for lunches this week. Heats up fast!
  • Eggspert
    Eggspert Posts: 142
    Options
    I really like that idea. I have a small and large BGE that needs a little company and the gasser hasn't been cranked in two years. How much is the mini anywany?
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    You're gonna have fun with the mini rocket ship.

Good luck!
  • HungryMan
    Options
    I just called my dealer and left a message, askingt what the price is.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    After getting the mini my small just sits :(
    Use the mini most and then the large.......
    If the gas was not built into the deck it would be gone.
    (never used)....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    We have a Large, a Small and a Mini. The Small gets the most use, but there are just two of us most of the time.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Get the mini. Then you can build a little travel table like mine.

Faith
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini