Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SLAUGHTER HOUSE PART 2

Options
triehle98
triehle98 Posts: 208
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here is the result of my hog being processed today. Lots of pork chops and 200lbs of polish sausage I hope you all enjoy the photos . I had a blast helping today . Many Many thanks to Jerry's Slaughter House in Athens, AL. I am certain that this polish sausage is better than anything you ever bought in a store. These photos should be self explanatory . If you have questions I will be glad to answer any and all of em if i can . Enjoy YALL!!!!!!!!!! By the way Jerry is a member of the forum his handle is MEATMAN1127 . He would be more active if her were not making these fine sausages and wonderful cuts of meat.

slaughterhouse32110039.jpg

slaughterhouse32110043.jpg

slaughterhouse32110042.jpg

slaughterhouse32110041.jpg

slaughterhouse32110040.jpg

slaughterhouse32110047.jpg

slaughterhouse32110046.jpg

slaughterhouse32110045.jpg

slaughterhouse32110044.jpg

slaughterhouse32110051.jpg

slaughterhouse32110050.jpg

slaughterhouse32110049.jpg

slaughterhouse32110048.jpg

slaughterhouse32110055.jpg

slaughterhouse32110054.jpg

slaughterhouse32110053.jpg

slaughterhouse32110052.jpg

slaughterhouse32110059.jpg

slaughterhouse32110058.jpg

slaughterhouse32110057.jpg

slaughterhouse32110056.jpg

slaughterhouse32110063.jpg

slaughterhouse32110062.jpg

slaughterhouse32110061.jpg

slaughterhouse32110060.jpg

slaughterhouse32110067.jpg

slaughterhouse32110066.jpg

slaughterhouse32110064.jpg

slaughterhouse32110069.jpg

slaughterhouse32110074.jpg

slaughterhouse32110075.jpg

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: I b-leve,he knows what he's doin!GREAT POST,THANKS!!! ;) Let us know the results! :) BTW,soak that liver in hot water,slice,coat in seasoned flour and fry it up.Serve with hot biscuits and Sawmill(brown)gravey.Southerners sometimes call it (scroggings)!!!YUMMMMMMMEEEEE! ;)
  • triehle98
    Options
    Thanks HOSS , Jerry is the man around here as far as sausage goes . He is the coolest guy you could ever meet.We plan on hitting a few fests as soon as he gets free to do so . I think with his sausages and egg know how , we just might be able to win a ribbon or two lol. This aint a shameless plug for his slaughter house but merely a homage to the hard work and years of trial and error that went into making GOOD EATS!!!!!
  • Hoss
    Options
    I would hate to have to face him!He's got it DOWN PAT!I can tell by the photos he is a TRUE PRO!!! :) You're lucky to have him!!!
  • triehle98
    Options
    That pic of the 4 layers of cheese /3 layers of pork on the grinder blew my mind , thats 60lbs of cheese and 5lbs of dried jalapenos.... FIVE LBS OF JALAPENO'S!!!!!!!!! must I say it again... This sausage is AWESOME!!!!, He is gonna cook it on his industrial smoker with hickory , I plan on helping vacuum pack it tomorrow and sample some of it when it first comes off the smoker.
  • Hoss
    Options
    OMG!!! I think I've died and gone to Heaven!!!!! I wish I were YOU!!! :)
  • triehle98
    Options
    Hoss , I think folks are really missing out on this post, there is a lot of hard work and a lot of money that goes into making sausages like this. I can honestly say that if this were 6dollars per lb I would be glad to pay it . It took us 12 hrs to make all of this goodness.
  • Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Options
    You better save me some. I'll be to get it Tuesday! :woohoo: :woohoo: I cant wait to try it.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Great a well used meat area for processing the flesh of dead animals.
    No cross contamination worries go for it...
    Love it. The weaker stomachs that are aboard will screech and holler but that is the way things are in the meat processing world. Behind cooler doors.
    Great pictures of how it is.
    E
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Options
    FABulous post! Thanks for the great pics!
  • Purpose
    Purpose Posts: 91
    Options
  • NoVA Bill
    NoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    Options
    Holy Toledo! that's some butchering. And OMGoodness that's a bunch of sausage.

Wish I could find a butcher shop close by. I stop to see the the one I thought I had found but they stop retail and only cut up specific orders, sorta I guess what you had done.

I've got to give in and drive the 40+ miles to Catlett, VA and Wilson Farms who run a butcher/retail operation.

Cheers!
  • Big George's BBQ
    Options
    That is a lot of meat
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Hoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Options
    Tony and Jerry came by the restaurant and brought me some of the cheese and pepper sausage and it was KILLER!! The cheese and spice were such a great mixture it was truly the best sausage I have ever had. Plus two great guys to spend some time with. Like I told Tony and Jerry I have not met an egghead yet that I haven't liked!!!! Hoss