Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT week 3 in the Earthbox the Backyard is done

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,408
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSC_0009-1.jpg
Watermelon Beefsteak Tomato with buds
DSC_0010-1.jpg
Beefsteak doing well
DSC_0005-2.jpg
DSC_0007-1.jpg
Added this Brandywine Red Potato Leaf Tomato in a upside down container to the collection
DSC_0013-1.jpg
Herbs doing well
DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    ·
  • pattikakepattikake Posts: 1,175
    Nice backyard, Wish it was that warm here today.

Patti
    Wichita, KS
    ·
  • Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    Looking great!
    ·
  • Thanks Patti, I remember Kansas I station at Forbes AFB in Topeka Kansas for three years in 1956-1959

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Clark

Ross
    ·
  • Looking good Ross. We are up north of you in Alameda. We will at least get ours ready to plant next week when we get back to N.E.

The wine tasting has been nice up here and we are getting ourselves used to the weather we will be having in about a month
    ·
  • dblRdblR Posts: 75
    Ross,
    LOoking great. I am jealous.

yours in green smoke. dblR
    ·
  • Thanks Cp't, enjoy the wine

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks dblr

Ross
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Ross I've been puting too much attention to your cooks & hadn't noticed that beautiful corner on your photo before last great colour & texture....the coco plumosas (Queen Palms) look great!!
    ·
  • Thanks Beli Great eye!

Ross
    ·
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Very nice, Buddy! I've just come in from moving and covering plants in prep. for freezes tonight and tomorrow. They shouldn't be very hard, but you never know. Tomatoes and peppers go in the ground on Monday. Should have been there already, but the front yard is the only place I get enough sun, and Mama said "Jed, we ain't plantin' crops in the front yard".

However, I've just converted about 1000 square feet to a perennial planting, and I think I can hide a few in the mix and just tell her they are accent plants. :woohoo:

LR
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,272
    Just beautiful Ross!
    ·
  • Thanks Mike, you just got figure a way to get done

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Molly

Ross
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Outstanding job!!! :woohoo: Once the plants take off it will really fill in. I can see myself kicke back on a lazy afternoon there real easy! I've been in my Japanese garden myself last two days for about 8 hours each but even though its a lot of work sure beats 2 hours working at the job! :laugh:
    ·
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Beautiful Ross! I just harvested the last of my tomatoes and pulled the plants out. Going to replant this week, late for the desert. But I couldn't pull the existing plants with tomatoes growing on them. Your backyard looks like a little peace of heaven.
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Ross,
    It is good to see Jackie can rest now. :woohoo:
    ·
  • HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    This is my crop Ross.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Party at Ross' house! :laugh:
    ·
  • Thanks JL, working in the garden is a hole lot better than work

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Fluffyb, its well worth it

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks Rich, she is taking it easy now Spring Cleaning the house and I'm her slave labor

Ross
    ·
  • Great crop HM

Ross
    ·
  • Thanks, any time

Ross
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Lookin Good!I planted 396 plants today,pics to follow. B)
    ·
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,391
    Nice oasis Ross. I can't wait to see the upside down tomato plants grow, especially the large beefsteaks. I've never seen 'upside down' tomato plants.
    ·