Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Gadget du jour

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited 7:35PM in EggHead Forum
What is it? Chicken dinner up for grabs.

• HungryManHungryMan Posts: 3,470
    apple slicer
    When's Supper?!
  • Nope - I know someone on this forum must have one
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Cheese Slicer

Boiled Egg Slicer
  • Winner winner chicken dinner :)

Dat wabbit got it :)

Rest of the story

Dinner - turkey dogs on lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, black olives, and jalapeno relish
  • Probably work on boiled eggs but prolly not on cheese
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    DO I get a drumstick for that?
  • Neawwww, what's up Doc? :laugh:
  • Drumstick and a bonus wing tip :)
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    It sounds lame.Avacado slicer was my guess too.I'm glad I read the replys before posting my answer! :blush:
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,421
    Leach remover. Dang things are the devil to remove once they bite into my legs after frogging in the swamp.

Thanks for the chicken dinner.
    After swimmin in the farm ponds we ALWAYS had leeches when I was growin up.I hear tell some docs and surgeons still use em in some instances.I'd rather have a leech bite than a wasp or snake! :laugh: It ain't no worse than givin blood,besides,they don't hurt when they bite ya! ;)
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,421
    That right, ya can't tell. But after pullin them off the blood keeps oozin out of my leg for a while. Must be their spit is anti clot?

Going to the blood suckers tomorrow 10 o'clock am. Blood Center donation, this will be 3 gal. and one pint to date. B)
  • Isolated01Isolated01 Posts: 156
    I would use something like that for cutting cheese curds.
    Very HONORABLE!Wish more folks followed suit! Do you gig or shoot?I love frog huntin! :)
  • for cutting curds?
  • so. ah...
    ...thinking, maybe is a Mogen Clamp? ...just sayin'
  • Ouch
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,734
    Spring Hen informed me right after the poker game that it's not nice to cut curds in public.

Spring "Control'n Me Tuffet" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    Avocado slicer
  • NoVA BillNoVA Bill Posts: 3,005
    I have one, only used it once 'cause I forget I have it when prepping avocados. :laugh:
  • heck. if she's just telling you that now after all these years, and no one's ever told you that before, then you should feel pretty comfortable cutting curds whenever and wherever you want. they don't get to start throwing new rules at you this far along :laugh:
    That "poker game" was back in 1973. Since then I'm become sofistokated (#%&!) sufostacated (#%&!) sophissticated (#%&!) more smarter.

Spring "Learn What I Want To Learn, Do What I Want To Do" Chicken
  • your mistake for bringing the wife to a poker game ;)
    Bring her! I won her in that poker game.

Spring "Winning Is Everything" Chicken
  • and a few short moments later she was already correcting your behavior.

i bet the guy who "lost" her was smiling all the way home! :evil:

(kidding, by the way!)
    No, it was a few days later while walking across the Sears parking lot in New Orleans that I stopped dead in my tracks and asked her to pull my finger.

It was shortly after she turned loose of my finger that the 'education of Leroy' began. LOL...

Spring "Well Suited For Some Social Circles" Chicken