Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE Parts

Options
DublinVADawg
DublinVADawg Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Recently my large BGE crashed and broke! At least the base broke. Anyway, I have all the other components intact (lid w/hinge, firebox, damper, ceramic cap, stand w/wheels. It appears I cannot buy just the base to replace it. If anyone knows where I can get just a large base, please let me know. Otherwise, I am willing to sell the remains if someone needs a lid etc. I cannot afford a new large BGE, so I will probably downsize - thinking about a Bubba Keg Grill.
I live in SW Virginia. Thanks for your help. :(

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Of course you can buy the base. Any part that needs replacing is either covered by warranty (though it doesn't sound like yours would be), or it can be purchased. Your dealer should be willing and able to take care of this. If he won't order it for you, find another dealer. Or, call BGE direct and have them ship what you need - and tell them you are calling because your dealer won't help.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I agree with Michael,and here's BGE's # (770)934-5300.Give them a call
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Don't listen to those guys. B) Go get the Bubba Keg and ship me all the BGE parts, I will pay the frieght.
    :)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Good one, Ron. :lol:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    Options
    yes you can buy the base by itself. contact your dealer. if he won't contact the next dealer or BGE itself.
    Good Luck

Larry