Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Rib Sauce Recipe/Suggestions?

SRGAU93SRGAU93 Posts: 71
edited 11:59PM in EggHead Forum
Cooking Car Wash Mike ribs this weekend and need a finish sauce suggestion, decent grocery store brand or simple homemade recipe. I've cooked these ribs before and they were great even without sauce. I used "Sticky Fingers" sauce from Publix before. Just want to try something different. I really want to try Carnivore, but I don't have time to order it for this weekend. Thanks!
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    If you were "around the corner" I'd bring you some Carnivore - we think it's the best!
    ·
  • The only "off the shelf" sauce I will use is Sweet Baby Rays.

You could mix 1/2 cup of you favorite vinegar sauce with 1.5 cups of SBR hickory or original, a cup of honey and some pineapple jelly! Wow!

Weagle Weagle!!
    ·
  • You could probably order from Dreamland in AL and get by Sat. Very good sauce.
    ·
  • You could make a nice spritzer with 24 oz apple juice and 1 pound sugar too
    ·
  • SRGAU93SRGAU93 Posts: 71
    Thanks for your suggestions. Misippi, wish you were around the corner. Guess Carnivore can only be ordered online? Bluehorseshoe, like your idea - Pineapple jelly, really!
    ·
  • War Eagle
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    You probably can't get Blues Hog, Sweet Baby Rays would be my second choice in a store. Good luck and the rib hotline is always open.

Mike
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    You like Dreamland do ya? I dont like it at all. Funny how that works isn't it. Right down the road but I dont like it. I agree with Mike. Blues Hog and then Sweet Baby Rays.
    ·
    War Eagle!
    ·
    Thanks Mike!
    ·
  • I'll admit, Dreamland is very different. I have also used Blues Hog and liked it a lot. Very sweet though. Montgomery Inn Sauce from Cincinnati is very tasty as well. Its not as sweet but has a unique flavor. No vinegar so opposite of Dreamland. Heck, I like em all!
    ·