Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Baby Back Rib Sauce Recipe/Suggestions?

SRGAU93SRGAU93 Posts: 71
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooking Car Wash Mike ribs this weekend and need a finish sauce suggestion, decent grocery store brand or simple homemade recipe. I've cooked these ribs before and they were great even without sauce. I used "Sticky Fingers" sauce from Publix before. Just want to try something different. I really want to try Carnivore, but I don't have time to order it for this weekend. Thanks!
·

Comments

• Misippi EggerMisippi Egger Posts: 5,095
    If you were "around the corner" I'd bring you some Carnivore - we think it's the best!
    ·
  • The only "off the shelf" sauce I will use is Sweet Baby Rays.

You could mix 1/2 cup of you favorite vinegar sauce with 1.5 cups of SBR hickory or original, a cup of honey and some pineapple jelly! Wow!

Weagle Weagle!!
    ·
  • You could probably order from Dreamland in AL and get by Sat. Very good sauce.
    ·
  • You could make a nice spritzer with 24 oz apple juice and 1 pound sugar too
    ·
  • SRGAU93SRGAU93 Posts: 71
    Thanks for your suggestions. Misippi, wish you were around the corner. Guess Carnivore can only be ordered online? Bluehorseshoe, like your idea - Pineapple jelly, really!
    ·
  • War Eagle
    ·
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    You probably can't get Blues Hog, Sweet Baby Rays would be my second choice in a store. Good luck and the rib hotline is always open.

Mike
    ·
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    You like Dreamland do ya? I dont like it at all. Funny how that works isn't it. Right down the road but I dont like it. I agree with Mike. Blues Hog and then Sweet Baby Rays.
    ·
    War Eagle!
    ·
    Thanks Mike!
    ·
  • I'll admit, Dreamland is very different. I have also used Blues Hog and liked it a lot. Very sweet though. Montgomery Inn Sauce from Cincinnati is very tasty as well. Its not as sweet but has a unique flavor. No vinegar so opposite of Dreamland. Heck, I like em all!
    ·