Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Something New - Beef Short Ribs from Serious BBQ

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked up a copy of Serious Barbeque by Adam Perry Lang around Xmas. I finally got around to making a few of his recipes over the past few weeks, and while they are complicated, I really like the way he layers flavors. I also like the fact that this book is actually written for people who own smokers (he's cooking on an Egg on P3 of the book), rather than trying to adapt BBQ recipes to gas grills. It also contains some new twists on recipes, and doesn't just repeat the same types of recipes you find in all BBQ books (though he does have his takes on standards like pulled pork, brisket, etc.)

Here's the first thing I made from the book, adapted from his 'Beef Short Ribs With Fleur de Sel' recipe. Unfortunately, I accidently bought boneless rather than bone-in short ribs, but I decided to try this anyway, and it came out really good. Since the recipe is about two printed pages long, I'm not going to print it all here, but a full writeup on my cook is posted on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2010/03/recipe-smoked-beef-short-ribs-guest-post-from-fearless-grill.html

6a00e5502e1c01883401310fa1ec3f970c-800wi

Enjoy!

-John

Comments