Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Eggsperiment

Options
edg1
edg1 Posts: 86
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All,

Today I am trying baby back ribs. Going low & slow @ 250f. Given my problems holding a higher temp, my egg is holding steady at 250f.

I got a slab of fresh ribs the other day, and I cut them into 2 rib portions, so that I can experiment without (possibly) ruining a whole slab.

I coated them with Dizzy Pig Raging River, and so far they have been on for 2 hours. I put a pan of water & apple juice below the ribs, and they smell good.

I can't wait to try them.

edg

PS: Pix will be included when they are ready for eating.

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Haven't done DP Raging River on ribs but one thing I've learned about DP products is that they often surprise you with different meats and vegetables.

For example, I used to love Jamaican Firewalk on my fried eggs at breakfast. Still do but now I use Red Eye Express on 'em. Something about the flavors DP combines into their products just makes them fit everywhere on everything.

Ribs have their own built-in flavor. Anything you put on them is supposed to 'enhance' that flavor. That's what DP does and does well.

Let us know how they turn out.

Spring "Ribs Rubbed Any Other Way Is Still Ribs" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • edg1
    Options
    OK, I finally got some pix to post.

DSC_5080.jpg

DSC_5081.jpg

I did them real simple, rub & a pan of water & apple juice. 4.15 hours at 250f. They were OK, not great. Definitely edible.

Later,

edg
  • norflor_eggman
    Options
    too bad. maybe too long when cut into small portions? were they overcooked?
  • edg1
    Options
    I think that they were a bit overdone, maybe by about 15 minutes or so.

edg