Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saw the new XL today.

Options
Reverend BSB
Reverend BSB Posts: 157
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Went to work today and we had the new XL. The new dome is pretty sweet. BGE sent me the new insides for mine for free, think theres any chance they will send me a new dome? :)

Comments

• brain-game
    Options
    What is the difference in the dome? How recent is your XL that they sent you replacement internal parts for free? What are the differences in the internal parts?

- Atlanta, GA
  • KC Transplant
    Options
    I'm kind of curious as to what the new changes are too.
  • gsgentry
    gsgentry Posts: 128
    Options
    I know the new dome is taller for the XL. I also think they changed the one of the internal parts and put a cut in it to help with expansion and contraction. I forget which part it was though... kind of want to say the fire ring.
  • Reverend BSB
    Options
    They changed the internals on the XL over a year ago, the fire box and ring are shorter so the new platesetter can have longer legs so there is room for a drip pan. I bought my XL from work, it was an old floor model and BGE sent me the new internals for free.

All of the BGEs have a slit in the firebox now to reduce cracking, I am not worried myself as I have not had any cracking in any of mine so far. The big change in the XL is a new dome, that is not as squat as the old one. It is more in line with the other eggs in height. I will take some pics tomorrow of my XL with the old dome and the one from work with the new dome.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Here is a picture of the new dome...You can see how it now looks like the rest of the BGE's®.

Larry

Picture019.jpg
  • Eggzellent
    Eggzellent Posts: 238
    Options
    Thanks for the pic.

I'm a little confused...has BGE exhausted all of their old stock and are now shipping the updated version?...or were the first production models only shipped to certain competitors and/or 'in the know' distributors?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Nice collection Larry! Ya stud ;)

I might put a small 'toe hold' board to keep all them on the deck though. :pinch:
  • YB
    Options
    Thanks Adam...I have most of the wheels turned and are in between the boards but a toe board would be better.
    Larry
  • YB
    Options
    I don't know but I will ask tomorrow.

Larry
  • Eggzellent
    Options
    YB wrote:
    I don't know but I will ask tomorrow.

Larry

Good morning, Larry.

Would you happen to have any inside information as to who is receiving these new XL models; who isn't...and/or when (non) full line stocking distributors dealers wil be allowed to order them?

I ask this because I have 3 emails in to my local BGE dealer since Friday (with no reply) and can't seem to locate an answer on the forum relating to why some folks have them and others (evidently) don't.

Thank you for your help if possible.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    BGE utilizes some of the long established Eggers like "YB" for new product trials, etc.
    Have you tried contacting BGE corporate in Tucker, GA to ask about the availability of the New XL in your area? Some Dealers are very reliable and prvide much expertise, some not so much. I would strongly suggest going straight to the source. They are very good folks there.
  • Eggzellent
    Options
    I'll do that Bacchus and thank you also for filling me in on who's who... ;)