Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How did you start Egging?

Options
2»

Comments

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    Tony,[p]Well I had heard a little about it here on the internet but I gotta give credit where it is due. At a trade show while I was cooking on a gas grill Brian from The Grill Guys in Toronto gave me my first egged food, a chicken wing.
    [/b]
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Tony,
    I was competing at the Bluffs Run contest when a friend and fellow competitor gave me a sample of his Egged chicken entry. Mitch's chicken was the best I'd ever tasted, and I was hooked.[p]It took not entering a couple of contests to come up with the money, but I got my first Egg soon as I could. It worked so well I sold the competition cooker (metal body) - ended up having to give the gas grill away.[p]Ken

• Rafterdude
    Rafterdude Posts: 39
    Options
    Tony,
    Was remodeling the kitchen and needed a gas line to hook up the new jenn aire range. After getting the wrong parts at the local box hardware store I paid a visit to my heating a/c guy who installed said gas line. Needed a new grill as mine is 12 and in need of the 4th burner. was looking at the 900$ stainless model and ready to buy. Asked if they had had any problems etc. He said no but ahhh,,, I said ah what? He said you need this. I said what in the heck is that? After checking you guys out for a couple of weeks I made the leap. By the way, the jenn aire has boiled water a couple of times. And i guess my new favorite cologne must br eau de smoke!

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Tony,
    7 years ago my bro-in-law from New Hampshire told me about this green egg his sister got, and that it made the best turkey he ever had. It was charcoal, and I was not interested. Told him I was getting some pretty wicked good food off my gasser. But I remembered the name. Then the next year, he came down and told me he bought him one fer himself. [p]He would not shut up about it. On and on and on and on. Finally got tired off listening to him and went out and bought a medium that day. Found the forum 2 weeks later, and then.........

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Angie2B
    Angie2B Posts: 543
    Options
    Painter,
    Do you know if one of those ugle brothers was the guy who hosts the very first egg video that comes with the egg? I have often wondered that and was interested if anyone knew for sure.

• Julie R
    Julie R Posts: 39
    Options
    Tony,
    I started working for a pump company that also sells the BGE. I was told you are the new salesperson for the BGE. I decided to learn as much as I can. Between this forum and personal use, I am now the Eggspert for our company.
    Julie

• Unknown
    Options

Thanks for the responses! Many very interesting stories!![p]Tony

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Angie2B,
    I'd have to look at my video again, and even then I'm not sure who I'm looking for. I have to get back on their site and see if I recognize anyone from the video. I don't know which date the video is that I have with out further research. I will give a hollar if it's him.
    Bob

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Options
    Tony,
    A neighbor told me about it when I told him I was looking for a smoker. One look at the website and I bought one the next day.