Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Fest Questions

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok, i have a few questions about eggfests, i want to do the peoria, branson, and liberty (KC) events. first are these competitions, where you win things? second, what prep things should a first timer bring? third, what about the eggs, do they let you borrow them? forth and final, what checklists or items should be. any help with these would be great!!! oh also can anyone cook or do you have to be like one of the first 20 or so to reg.

Thanks again,

peace love and the big green egg

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Each fest is set up a little different so check the local rules but in general there are no competitions. Some have a Iron egg chef comps but that is for fun with afew volunteers. These events are put on by local distributors where Eggheads come to cook and share their love of the BGE with other Eggers and new people interested in egging.

The Sunshine fest had 400+- tasters and 60+ cooks. We brought our own food and prepared it ourselves. They are a balst and I highly recommend attending one or more fests.
  • Desert Filly
    Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
    As Kim said...each fest has their own set up. Limited to cookers/ tasters. Check out each one. They are their own fest. Each one has different attributes...and are great. Pick one close to you and go for it. You can't go wrong. Once you've hit your first one...YOU'RE HOOKED. It's great to meet these infamous posters here.....they are exactly as they pretend to be. No kidding. Hope you find one soon.
    Warning...it is addicting.

Desert Filly ( Kim)
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Yep what they said.
    Pick one and go have some fun.
    JJ

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Can't wait to see Randy and you in OKC. Just between you and I, they have another contest there. Don't tell anyone. ;)
    Love you sig line, hits close to home.

Mike
  • as a first time attender/cook of an eggfest, the first thing i can tell u is to relax. i brought my egg, some food (marinating), some tongs and some beer in a cooler. i soon realized i needed toothpicks, charcoal, etc. and found that eggheads may be the nicest people on earth. i got everything i needed with only a smile and a sample, it's that easy.
    enjoy it, they go by really fast.
  • thanks guys, what about a checklist for wanting to cook, if i get the chance to be a cook what should i bring, do you have to do 1, 2, 3 or more items etc. paper products, tables etc. stuff like that.
  • poolguy
    poolguy Posts: 129
    on most egg fest websites you will find a list of what cooks need to bring. if you need anything else just ask if they will provide if needed.

Larry
  • Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    You can do however many things you want to do. No rules. Make sure you allow time to wander around and taste!

There's a good checklist of what to bring over here. Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

As far as tents and tables, you need to check with the individual fests to see what's provided. Even if tables are provided, if you have your own, it doesn't hurt to bring them. Never seem to be enough workspace at Eggfests, at home, or anywhere!
  • cb
    cb Posts: 27
    Branson is a great festival for the first timer and the experienced Egger...

As a firstimer you may want to participate in the "Redneck Ozark Sandwich" and for the bold cooks perhaps an entry in the Iron Chef Competition. Enjoy the fun of Branson and the great visits with fellow Eggers!

Bring your tongs, food, and come along... Registrations are still open please call 417-88-8040 or visit http://www.visitmonow.com/Green_Eggs_and_Jam_s/35.htmto reserve your spot today.